My 7950gx2 completly died today

Spoudazo

Gawd
Well,

First it was my 7900gtx that caused me a headache, now it's a 7950gx2 after a few months of usage. I think the 7-series of GPU cards was a disaster personally, and I'm glad I'm going with a 8800gts or 8800gtx soon (unless we hear more about ATI's new card soon).

First half the card basically died, and my 3dmark06 score went from 8910 to under 3000. :eek:

Now it won't display anything except in safe mode. Tried new drivers and bunch of other stuff, it's just apparently dead now. My case (Coolermaster Stacker) is a good case with plenty of airflow, and my PSU is up to par surely (750w toughpoower from Thermaltake). What a headache these last few cards have been. :eek:

So it still runs? Odd that the score dropped so much though, I was expecting the score of a single 7900GT.

Yeah, and I even reformatted and reinstalled XP, tried new drivers, and even a new PSU, and it still is mest up.

I assume that you are going to RMA that card back to manufacturer?

Have you tried contacting them for support?

Yes, I'm RMAing it back to eVGA. It says to include a copy of the invoice, but this is from a step-up I got from eVGA, not to mention the fact that I could tell the card was a used card before it had dust on it and a few marks on it. It also took about 3 weeks because they were building a new building or something, or so they said.

Back