My 8800GT barely overclocks at all :(

A BIOS mod most DEFINITELY WILL void your warranty. It's no different really to a solder/wire mod. Whether they'd be able to detect it or not if the card actually dies, who knows, but if it at all boots, ie: massive visual corruption or something -- well then you're SOL.

Quoted for fucking truth!!!

This voltage modification will definitely void your warranty, PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

This is definitely not considered a softmod, soft modifications usually mean windows based software manipulating GPU clocks, GPU DDR clocks, GPU voltage, in a windows operating system environment, meaning NOT PERMANENT.

With that being said, I'm going to try this voltage mod as soon as my aftermarket cooler arrives.

Good deal!

I don't have a floppy disk, is it possible to do this without it?

My GPU idles at around 40C with the fan at 30%, and i hear no difference when taking the fan up to like 90% so I have some head room I think. I just cant seem to push the core above 720 without crashing.

Hello everyone, This is my first post here.

@known12345
Quick question, how exactly can you tell if your voltmod worked?

You can use Nibitor at any time to read your graphics card bios settings, flashing your graphics card bios is some serious business, read the full instructions about the flashing procedures, and be solidly confident in what you're doing before you do it.PLEASE DON'T TAKE OFFENCE ITS JUST A FRIENDLY WARNING

@Everyone
I presently have my BFG 8800GT OC stock settings 625/1566/900 OC'd to 732/1834/1050 using a Zalman VF1000 and custom made ramsinks, will probably bios flash these clock settings permanently.

Runs successfully 3DMark03, 05, 06 and the F.E A.R. benchmark @ 1920 x 1200 all settings maxxed, it will OC further to 748/1874/1050 but the F.E.A.R. bench will not run at that setting even though the 3DMs will, don't exactly know why.

Considering Vmodding it but it presently seriously rocks, wondering if thats even necessary, cooling is really the key the stock coolers suck, the Zalman VF1000 is worth every cent I paid for it, but the ramsinks that come with the Zalman cooler are square, and the memory chips on the card are rectangular and a little larger.

So thats the reason for custom making the ramsinks, I wanted them to fit the chips perfectly, and I made them with a higher profile as the Zalmans are extremely low profile ramsinks.

Later All.

Back