My Aqua-Computer watercooled A64 PC-70 case, LOTS of pics of my worklog

zer0signal667 said:
Do you also want the water spending more time in the waterblock to "absorb more heat"? It's a common misconception that water needs to move slowly through a radiator to be cooled well. Think of this, maybe each molecule spends less time in the radiator each time it goes through, but it goes through more times per minute - it's just going in a loop after all! It actually spends the same amount of time in there overall, so you can see how time is not an issue - fluid flow characteristics are, because that's what governs heat transfer. That's why there's such a large focus on creating turbulent flow, because it's superior to laminar flow for heat transfer properties of a system.

Go to another thread to discuss this. I dont want to hear it, Ive tested virtually every kind of setup in the past 4 years. AS I SAID EALIER, if I wanted max cooling, I would have kept my Mach II. As I said, more flow doesnt always mean better.

Now, go off topic somewhere else.

Did anyone tell you that your rig looks cool? :D

I can't wait to shove some snt goods in my new Lian-Li V1000!!!!!!

fallguy said:
Go to another thread to discuss this. I dont want to hear it, Ive tested virtually every kind of setup in the past 4 years. AS I SAID EALIER, if I wanted max cooling, I would have kept my Mach II. As I said, more flow doesnt always mean better.

Now, go off topic somewhere else.

I wasn't starting an argument, just trying to keep the misinformation from being spread. Did I say something to offend you? If not, I don't think your tone was necessary and I don't really appreciate it. If so, I apologize. And either way I'll keep my comments on the subject to myself from now on.

nice work, thee aqua parts really have a touch of "class" to it. and your case looks good! i think i just found the inspiration to work on my own case! kudos

fallguy, I think that setup is awesome, in my opinion... I'm in the process of building a computer right now, and have decided to switch from air to water. after seeing the AC pieces, I'll definitely have to use them. I know I'm not going to lose sleep over a couple of degrees. More than likely I'll be building an external enclosure for the pump, res, and rad (or I'll just get a new case). Keep up the good work!! And hopefully in a couple of months there will be another satisfied AquaComputer customer on these boards (ME!)

MrHappyGoLucky said:
I think everyone on these forums are so brainwashed by the "it must be 1/2" OD or it is bad" syndrom. Yes 1/2" OD is necessary for the likes of the Cascade, WW, RBX, TDX simply because they are designed for alot of water FAST. The Germans have taken a different approach to watercooling; but it doesn't make it wrong/bad. I don't think we will see the raw performance of a Cascade but it will work just fine for those of us who want to look good and be silent.

please allow me to inform you of the difference between OD and ID.

OD = outside diameter

ID = inside diameter

usually ID is used to describe the size of watercooling system tubing because it is what actually influences flowrate and barb choice.

1/2" OD tubing is probably 3/8" ID. I run 1/2" ID 3/4" OD tubing in my setup. That said, 3/8" ID setups can still be made to perform well.

fallguy said:
I dont want to hear it, Ive tested virtually every kind of setup in the past 4 years.

Oh really? I'd like to see pictures of all your setups.

If I recall correctly, your last one was a swiftech block, dtek radiator, eheim 1048 pump, 3/8" ID tubing setup (looked nice btw, as does your current setup)

I personally am not silly enough to claim to have tested every availible setup.

Giblet Plus! said:
please allow me to inform you of the difference between OD and ID.

OD = outside diameter

ID = inside diameter

usually ID is used to describe the size of watercooling system tubing because it is what actually influences flowrate and barb choice.

1/2" OD tubing is probably 3/8" ID. I run 1/2" ID 3/4" OD tubing in my setup. That said, 3/8" ID setups can still be made to perform well.

You just dont know when to give up do you? Leave us to our business and you can continue to log your dealings in your own thread. Stop treating people like they are stupid! :mad:

Or someone could start motivating things in your thread too.

-Dan

[S]nt|Mods said:
You just dont know when to give up do you? Leave us to our business and you can continue to log your dealings in your own thread. Stop treating people like they are stupid! :mad:

Or someone could start motivating things in your thread too.

-Dan

seriously, WTF?

this is a PUBLIC FORUM, and I don't give a FLYING FUCK if I'm interferring with your importing business.

EVERY SINGLE remark I made in this thread was technical in nature, and directed at fallguy, NOT YOU

Say whatever you want in "my" worklog thread, I honestly don't care.

Giblet Plus! said:
seriously, WTF?

this is a PUBLIC FORUM, and I don't give a FLYING FUCK if I'm interferring with your importing business.

EVERY SINGLE remark I made in this thread was technical in nature, and directed at fallguy, NOT YOU

Say whatever you want in "my" worklog thread, I honestly don't care.

I just wanted to quote that.

-Dan

[S]nt|Mods said:
Leave us to our business

When did 'our business' (meaning the discussion of aqua computer products) go to 'Dan's business' (meaning the sale of watercooling products)??

Maybe I'm missing something Giblet, but you seem to think differently.

Giblet Plus! said:
don't give a FLYING FUCK if I'm interferring with your importing business.

:rolleyes:

stumpy said:
When did 'our business' (meaning the discussion of aqua computer products) go to 'Dan's business' (meaning the sale of watercooling products)??

Maybe I'm missing something Giblet, but you seem to think differently.

maybe I am missing something, but what gives "Dan" the right to tell me to leave someone else's thread? Is he a mod? Is he a sponsor of some sort? Please inform me.

Giblet Plus! said:
I personally am not silly enough to claim to have tested every availible setup.

Maybe not, but you are certainly silly enough to not read before posting. I said "virtually" every setup, and I have. I have used just about every brand of pump, rad, block, etc.

Giblet Plus! said:
wrong

more flow is always better in the same setup

Not in my testing. I had a Swiftech setup, with 3/8" barbs, changed to 1/2" barbs and noticed no difference in temps. I made a thread, with pics and temps. You were not here then though.

minus81, this is an old thread, with old pics. I have now got my system almost done, and will probably post a thread tomorrow with more pics.

fallguy said:
Not in my testing. I had a Swiftech setup, with 3/8" barbs, changed to 1/2" barbs and noticed no difference in temps. I made a thread, with pics and temps. You were not here then though.

If I remember correctly, that swiftech setup used an eheim 1048 pump, which was probably the limiting factor on the flowrate, not the 3/8" ID tubing. I would be curious how your current 12V pump would perform in your old swiftech setup.

Back