1gig DDR533
60gig 7200rpm
ATi X600
Intel a/b/g
Bluetooth
Intel Centrino Mobile Technology with Intel 915GM Chipset
15" SXGA+ (1400x1050) "Color Shine" LCD panel
5.2 lbs, 13" x 10.7" x 1"--with battery...which i get about 4hrs

here are some quick pics, i will get a review and more better pics--im just lazy right now as i am watching the duke/mich st. game :LOL:

alisv6v7gx.jpg

alisv6v12zb.jpg

alisv6v26qe.jpg

alisv6v30ha.jpg

asusv6vali4gb.jpg

asusv6vali18kr.jpg

asusv6vali24az.jpg

asusv6vali30in.jpg

asusv6vali47tc.jpg

asusv6vali52tt.jpg

picked it up from a company called star tech. they are locared 1 hr north of pittsburgh (where i live). total price was $2400 but i had to pay tax since it was in PA. :(
also, if you are a student, enter "eduspecial" in the checkout and u get 3% off! :)

linky:

http://pc11.flashecom.com/startech/product.asp?pf_id=V6BASE

talk to a guy named john. very nice guy and will help you out. when i picked my up, he went through the laptop with me to make sure i was happy with it. since i upgraded mine to 1gig ddr2 533 ram and a 7200rpm 60gig hd, i was worried about what brands they used. but no need to worry! they use Crosair for the ram and a hitachi for the HD :cool:

I have a friend in Taiwan now and I asked her to pick one of these up for me if she could find it cheap enough. I was hoping to get one empty, but she couldn't find them sold that way.

The cheapest she could find was:
P-M 1.7
512meg RAM
60gig HD
DVD/RW
$1700 (this is a sick price, but it's more than I could afford :( )

Nice, I am still waiting on the monster Dell 9300, if only it could be as sleek as that Asus

lmao 1.86MHz, the original nintendo was faster.. anyways
that is the nicest looking, sexiest laptop i have ever seen, nothing compares, i want to sell my M6 now.......

That V6V is so cool that I just cancelled my XPS2 order. I'm gonna buy a V6V and then just max out the video card (upgrade to ATI X800 XT PE) and RAM (2 GB) on my Hornet Pro instead of selling it. :D

atlwriter said:
That V6V is so cool that I just cancelled my XPS2 order. I'm gonna buy a V6V and then just max out the video card (upgrade to ATI X800 XT PE) and RAM (2 GB) on my Hornet Pro instead of selling it. :D

sweet dude!!! get it from star tech talk to a guy named johh...best service u can ask for!!

Is that the mouse option they have on the site?

Whats the batt life on it with average internet browsing wirelessly?

ShockTech said:
Is that the mouse option they have on the site?

Whats the batt life on it with average internet browsing wirelessly?

yea that mouse came with it. batt life with wireless is around 3hrs on "hi-performace" settings.

using a "email/office" (dimmer screen, lower cpu speed) power setting will get you about 3.30 with wireless surfing. there's a few other setting you can pick and you can even set the cpu/screen setting right from windows to whatever you want.

you can hit almost 4hrs with wireless off btw

Stares.. drools.. Power+Light....
Maybe I can sell my laptop to my sis and get one of thosee... haha I wish.

Awesome laptop.

ShockTech said:
i wonder why the site you got it from says you can get up to 6.5 hours... :confused:

you might be able to push ~5hrs if you turn off wireless/bluetooth, very, very dimm screen etc etc etc, in other other words, almost render the laptop useless ;)

but so far im getting from 3-4hrs surfing the net wirelessly and using "hi-performace" settings.

femtochemistry said:
sweet dude!!! get it from star tech talk to a guy named johh...best service u can ask for!!
I'll check out StarTech on Monday. Thanks for the pics of that awesome little beast!

femtochemistry said:
you might be able to push ~5hrs if you turn off wireless/bluetooth, very, very dimm screen etc etc etc, in other other words, almost render the laptop useless ;)

but so far im getting from 3-4hrs surfing the net wirelessly and using "hi-performace" settings.

eh, still not bad for a 15 inch screen.

i had a toshiba m200 that would get 6 hours no prob on a single batt, and i had 3 batts :D

Is that stainless steal i see on it?

Also, with the "Color Shine" LCD screen, do you find it to have too much contrast/brightness at normal viewing angle? And how is the backlight? Does it make the bottom lighter then the top?

It kind of reminds me of my Acer Aspire 1681 series.

towert7 said:
Is that stainless steal i see on it?

Also, with the "Color Shine" LCD screen, do you find it to have too much contrast/brightness at normal viewing angle? And how is the backlight? Does it make the bottom lighter then the top?

It kind of reminds me of my Acer Aspire 1681 series.

not really. the screen is not like sony's xbrite. it's less glossy than that but still very bright and lots of contrast and therefore does not limit viewing angls. no backlight issue on my system either.

femtochemistry said:

uhh Dual battery?

Back