my card and the bf2 demo

darkhorse

Gawd
my card(msi fx5700le 256mb) is supported by the bf2 demo(fx5200 and up) so I tried running in full screen but it crashes as soon as I try to start a game. So I tried running it in windowed mode(at both 800x600 and 1024x768 low settings of course) and it runs smoothly except for one thing, there are no ground textures! Seeing as the card can run smoothly at 1024(without ground textures) I shouldn't have to buy a new card to play the game. I have tried the stock speeds for my card 250/400 and I have tried my oc'd settings of 400/500, the card is running in agp 8x and the rest of my specs are in my sig. Does anyone know what's going on?

Oh and can anyone tell me if it's possible to flash my 5700le(it's 256bit if that matters) to a regular 5700?

I forgot to add that I did install the included drivers. Which makes me think I should try the old driver, which I will do now.

reverted back to 66.93 and same issues with the no ground textures.(no performance loss with the rollback)

did you remove your current drivers before installing the ones that came with the demo?

ralfyboy said:
did you remove your current drivers before installing the ones that came with the demo?
not at first but I tried it today and still the same problem.

Dude, the 5700le should die and burn in hell.

It is less powerful than the 5200.

~Adam

How did you get the game to run in a window? The usual "-window" at the end of the target in the shortcut doesnt work for me.

it's "+fullscreen 0" I believe, and I upgraded from a 5200 to a 5700le and it is faster than the 5200.

spaceman said:
great now upgrade to a 6600gt son :)
don't worry, that's my plan, just need to get some cash. It's more in Canada then it costs in the US, the cheapest for a 6600gt is $203US($180US after mir) + tax(14%) + shipping.

Also a 4200 wont run bf2, geforce 4 cards aren't supported.

Back