my computer and a samsung 226bw

eXpSbK

n00b
Hi all. I'm going to get a new monitor for my Christmas.
I am looking at the Samsung 226BW 22" LCD - native resolution is 1680 x 1050, and the native resolution of the LG Flatron F900P 19" CRT I have just now is 1280 x 1024. Is my computer specs going to run CSS/DODS/HL2/GTASA decently with a 1680 x 1050 resolution? I've also heard that there is "S" panels and "A" panels, whats the difference???

My specs are:

Intel C2D E6600
Nvidia 7950GT 256MB

Thanks.

should without problems as far as i know those are all older games not very graphics intensive as the newest ones.your card is fairly decent and your cpu will not even sweat

i can't tell you the complete story cus i realy don't know to much about that monitor ,i was just reffering to the res.just search in the thread for the monitor to get the exact details theres plenty of threads on this one.If i remember correctly the c panel was the best don't quote me

I have the A panel. You want to get an S panel. The difference is that the A panel gives a little blueish tone and the S panel is perfectly alright, if you get the A panel you'll hardly notice anything unless you are a photographer. But like everything else, there is a fix for it, there's a color correction for those who have the A panel, with the fix installed put both A and S monitors together and not even a photographer will notice a difference.

I have the A panel. You want to get an S panel. The difference is that the A panel gives a little blueish tone and the S panel is perfectly alright, if you get the A panel you'll hardly notice anything unless you are a photographer. But like everything else, there is a fix for it, there's a color correction for those who have the A panel, with the fix installed put both A and S monitors together and not even a photographer will notice a difference.
Ok, so it doesn't matter which I get.
And what do you think of the monitor?

But like everything else, there is a fix for it, there's a color correction for those who have the A panel, with the fix installed put both A and S monitors together and not even a photographer will notice a difference.

So, where can one get a hold of the fix?

Back