My CPU temp can't be right....23 C

gclg2000

Gawd
wtf?

I've got a P4C800-e Deluxe and a 2.4 @ 3.4....this temp can't be right....anyone else having this problem.

Btw....using MBM5.....from the built in sensor i suppose.

thats entirely possible with a pretty chilly room temp, whats the ambient temps? my cpu idles at about 29*C (Athlon64 3000+ @ 2.5ghz) with room temps at probably 22*C

that would have to be one chilly room though to give you those temps, its just that i havent heard anything recently about really bad temps on those boards, perhaps they do run a few *C below what it should read, dunno

Are you using the correct mobo input for MBM5? I had mine kinda backwards at first. On air, the 2 inputs I was using were the same. On water, the one I had labeled "socket" showed the die temp, and the one I labeled "CPU die" liked showing slightly above case temps. Asus Probe has the CPU right, and now MBM5 is matched to that and my Aerogate2. ... Profit :D

yeah i picked my MB from teh list, well i uninstalled mbm5 and used asus probe and i get the same temp....room temps are 70 F.....i did add a larger reservoir and more tubing...but that couldnt affect it because my old loop (same parts) had plenty of volume too...

I'm getting something weird like that too. And I KNOW everything is set right MBM.

MBM
Case: 29
Diode: 39
Socket: 32

ASUS Probe:
CPU: 29
MB: 32

Very odd.

Keetha said:
I'm getting something weird like that too. And I KNOW everything is set right MBM.

MBM
Case: 29
Diode: 39
Socket: 32

ASUS Probe:
CPU: 29
MB: 32

Very odd.
How do you know? I thought I knew too, at first. They're both reading the same sensors, but the Asus Probe program looks at the correct ones (assuming you're on an Asus board, and I doubt that A.Probe works on any other boards). If something isn't working right, then it's not set up properly.

I am on an ASUS board. When I check the BIOS, it pretty much matches with MBM, but the CPU is reported as 36 usually, not a big difference from 39, probably just cools down during restart. But it looks like ASUS Probe is reading a case or motherboard sensor as the CPU temp. Unless maybe my CPU really is somehow only around 29 (it is watercooled, but that seems pretty low, no?) and both MBM and the BIOS are wrong. I'm sure I selected everything right in MBM and have all the sensors right, but like RickyJ said, you'd think the ASUS program would read the best.

This is pretty strange. Uninstall Asus Probe, update the mobo drivers, and reinstall Asus Probe. That's what I would be doing right now if I had your problem. Hope it goes well.

Back