my D430 has a sim card slot.....

chronic9

Supreme [H]ardness
i know it supports verizon wireless.... (my work had the exact same slot and we were able to get VZW to allow us to use it)

wondering if i can take the sim card outa my iPhone and stick it in there for a data plan....

would i have to pay for some other data plan for this to work.... if its even possible...

I believe those have individual phone numbers associated with them. When work registered mine there was a 10 digit number registered to my specific laptop. Not sure if this was just a serial number but it looks alot like a phone number to me.

Also I doubt yours would work as the iPhone is AT&T only and that SIM slot will probably only read Verizon networks.

Also if you stuck your SIM card from your phone in, (IF it did work) it would be using your phone's plan, which means yes you would need a "Tethering" plan or a special data plan most likely. $$$$$$$

i know it supports verizon wireless.... (my work had the exact same slot and we were able to get VZW to allow us to use it)

wondering if i can take the sim card outa my iPhone and stick it in there for a data plan....

would i have to pay for some other data plan for this to work.... if its even possible...

You need an WWAN mini pci-e modem installed inside (next to the WiFi card). Check Dell Wireless 5520 for example.

Back