My e6750 temps

rus7y

n00b
I've just built my new pc with an e6750, Gigabyte DS3L and Sythe Ninja Rev B and I'm a bit concerned as to my heatsink seating.

The Scythe is completely cool to the touch, so I may have a case of bad seating - but then what are my core temps all about!?

Basically I'm a bit confused as to the difference to core 0/core 1 and core in speed fan, what do I trust?

temps.jpg

The correct Tjunction for that chip is 100C, not 85C. So your temp isd reading low by 15C. Download the latest version of CoreTemp, its version 95.4beta, now it should be able to correctly read your temps. Also when posting temp be sure to include your ambient temp if possible, they have a big effect on your temps.

Ok thanks ty1ler, I've downloaded that version now and offset the core 0/core 1 temps on speedfan by 15C.

Below readings are idle, don't know exact ambient but it's pretty fresh this morning so about 15C I would say.

temp.jpg

Do I need to offset core temp also? And what is core temp showing me?

if it's any help i've got a 6750 and a P35 DS3R and my idle temps are very similar in coretemp and speedfan:)

I have the E6750 on an IP35-E and they idle around 30-33C, depending on my room temp so I would say that you have very good temperatures.

Great thanks for the feedback guys.

Have you overclocked your 6750's yet? Going to push mine up soon.

Back