My final rate my build thread for a long time..

trxjw

Limp Gawd
Looks good to me. Just don't run vista until much later (like until SP1, lol, or at least until they have good drivers), as you'll have problems with both the vidcard and soundcard. Sexy case :cool: I could never bring myself to buy that thing, even though I could afford it -- its just so... damn expensive! lol. You may want to consider some Scythe S-Flex fans or Panaflo Hydrowave instead of the Yate loons. They're quieter, push more air, and aren't sleeve bearing (so they last longer). If you won't be going SLI, you could drop down to the 520W Corsair and DS3 instead. Oh, and get the WD3200AAKS from the egg instead. Its an updated version of the WD3200KS (same price anyways).

Looks good to me. Just don't run vista until much later (like until SP1, lol, or at least until they have good drivers), as you'll have problems with both the vidcard and soundcard. Sexy case :cool: I could never bring myself to buy that thing, even though I could afford it -- its just so... damn expensive! lol. You may want to consider some Scythe S-Flex fans or Panaflo Hydrowave instead of the Yate loons. They're quieter, push more air, and aren't sleeve bearing (so they last longer). If you won't be going SLI, you could drop down to the 520W Corsair and DS3 instead. Oh, and get the WD3200AAKS from the egg instead. Its an updated version of the WD3200KS (same price anyways).

Definitely staying away from Vista. Packaged a OEM copy of XP Pro SP2 with that stuff, just forgot to tack it onto the list.

I'm leaving myself a little room with the video card so I can go SLI down the line, and the 620 isnt much more than the 520 so I figured why not.

I also can't justify spending 13 or 15 bucks on a single fan when I can get 4 for the same price. If they do go bad, I'll replace them down the line.

What's so much better about the updated version of the WD? I thought I remembered reading somewhere that the egg doesn't do a very good job of packaging their drives, thats why I ordered from ZZF.

What is the point in spending money on XP. Directx 10 is vista only, so it is best to suck it up now and buy it now. Than 6 months from now...

What is the point in spending money on XP. Directx 10 is vista only, so it is best to suck it up now and buy it now. Than 6 months from now...

Well for starters someone stole my only copy of XP. Second, there aren't any DX10 games I'm dying to play until Crysis. Finally, I don't want software that gives me as many problems as Vista, with no advantages. HP doesn't have working Vista drivers for my scanner or printer yet, Nvidia's Vista drivers are shotty as well. I'll upgrade when its worth it.

They package their drives similarly. The updated version is a bit faster and quieter, supposedly. Sleeve bearing fans will die in a couple years or so, so make sure you have extras layin around at around that time. Oh, and if you're a student, you can get XP for much cheaper.

They package their drives similarly. The updated version is a bit faster and quieter, supposedly. Sleeve bearing fans will die in a couple years or so, so make sure you have extras layin around at around that time. Oh, and if you're a student, you can get XP for much cheaper.

Alright then, Ill get the updated version. Thanks for the heads up.

Right now I'm getting an OEM copy of XP Pro for 139.99 off the egg. I checked JourneyED, which is the company that supplies hardware and software for my school and their copies of XP were retail and $299. Haven't found any other places either, I think it's time to pull the trigger.

Ahh.. satisfaction. :D

Back