My First Build is turning into a NIGHTMARE.

DarkfallFan

Limp Gawd
I ordred all the parts you see in my sig on December 3, 2006. It is now December 26, 2006 and I have yet to get this system to POST.

Once my finals were all over on Dec 9, I began putting everything together. Everything would turn on for about 30 seconds then just shut off. After fooling with the parts for 2 days I RMA'd my board.

Two weeks later, I get a new 680i board and try this again. Same problem. So, I take it to the local Computer Repair shop nearby and after 4 days (Sat, Christmas Eve, Christmas, and today) I get it back and they tell my this board is dead along with my CPU. Now I'm RMA'ing my cpu for a replacement and just refuding this 680i and going with a different board.

What a nightmare. My christmas break is almost over and I haven't even been able to turn on my $2k PC at all.

:( My sympathies, bro. Here's to hoping she'll be up in time for the new year.

This happened to me as well but your problem might be a little different. All i had to do was reattach my heatsink on my cpu and it worked. It turned out that I didn't attach the heatsink properly so the cpu was overheating and shutting down. Hope everything turns out alright for you. :(

You didn't happen to get the parts at NewEgg did you?

Not saying anything bad about them, but I had the exact same thing happen to me, and I am RMA'ing the CPU and motherboard back to be refunded. (second CPU and third motherboard to be exact)
Now I'm just trying to decide if I want to buy another mobo through newegg again or pay more to get it locally.
Hope it works out for you, I understand how much a pain this is.

gregjunior said:
You didn't happen to get the parts at NewEgg did you?

Not saying anything bad about them, but I had the exact same thing happen to me, and I am RMA'ing the CPU and motherboard back to be refunded. (second CPU and third motherboard to be exact)
Now I'm just trying to decide if I want to buy another mobo through newegg again or pay more to get it locally.
Hope it works out for you, I understand how much a pain this is.
2 CPUs and 3 Mobos? If I worked at newegg and handled your case, I'd be wondering what you're doing with these parts, lol. While it is entirely possible, its just highly unlikely that 3 BAD Mobos and 2 BAD CPUs were sent to you. I've been ordering from them and ZipZoomFly for over 5? years now, and have never received consecutive defective products from either company. Fry's, on the other hand, is a completely different story, lol (with their SOYO and ECS boards that are GQ!). Though, its understandable with these eVGA boards, because they have a known issue.

Rynefire said:
This happened to me as well but your problem might be a little different. All i had to do was reattach my heatsink on my cpu and it worked. It turned out that I didn't attach the heatsink properly so the cpu was overheating and shutting down. Hope everything turns out alright for you. :(

This happened to me my first time too. I'd say keep your head on straight and take everything with care and caution. Its easy to get wrapped up in it and try to finish fast your first time and you end up messing something small up.

Back