my first dead board: p8p67 deluxe

rhexis

[H]ard|Gawd
i guess it was bound to happen at some point. i have been putting together computers since the early 90s. my first board was the asus p2b if anyone remembers that far back. i have gone through 18 boards since then vast majority being asus but did use a couple of abits along the way. never once had a bad board. never once did the computer not boot right up after plugging every thing in.
last saturday i decided to replace my aged maximus formula and e8400. went with the p8p67 deluxe. im fortunate to live semi-close to a microcenter and brought home the board, 8 gig corsair vengance and a 2500k. put it all together loaded windows and i was good to go until last night. last night i had to restart the box and when i did it refused to post. reset it tried again and still nothing. i open up the case and see the red vga led was lit. i then pulled the battery, cleared the cmos waited a few minutes and tried again. still nada with the same vga led lit up. i moved my 6870 to the 2nd pci slot resest and still no go. i have an old 4850 that one of my kids use so went got that and tried all 3 slots with it but still no post. this is all after multiple cmos clears and battery pulls.
i pulled the board went down to microcenter and got it exchanged this morning. whats interesting was at the exchange desk i noticed no less than 6 p8p67 deluxe motherboards sitting on the return shelf. i have just finished installing the new board so far its working im just a bit concerned this may be an inherent issue with this model. i hope not as its a pita swapping boards every few days.

Hmm... I just had my system die on me 2 nights ago - P8P67 Pro though. Was running fine since I bought it in January, but then just shut itself off. Power button didn't do anything so I figured the power supply died -- it's been in use for 5 years now. Anyway, swapped PS's but that didn't work.. I'm guessing its the MB or CPU at this point since I found my old socket 775 MB and tried the PS on that and it works. Oh well, I still needed to RMA my board for the B3 update.

Back