My Insane New RIG!!! Overclocking at its best!

OCC_Yoda

Limp Gawd
CPU P2-350 MHz
Motherboard Intel 82371 chipset
Casing ATX Tower
PSU 600watt OKIA quad 12v rails--- need power to run this rig!!!
HDD 6.5 gb
FDD 3.5 inch
RAM 32 mb SD
Sound integrated
Cdrom 52x
Speakers attached on monitor
Keyboard ACER
Ports com1, lpt1, 2usb
Mouse ps2 scroll
Modem internal 56k
Monitor 17 inch ACER
Visiontek VGA -16mb AGP 2X/4X NVidia Riva TNT2 Chipset SDRAM
Danger Den Custom water cooling Unit for both the vid card as well as the CPU

I decided to go with the water cooling unit because Im going be over clocking the snot out of this new system!!

At a later date I might upgrade the video card by adding 2 voodoo2 and connecting them via the SLI connector!

Well Im off to benchmark the bad boy!!!

Ill be posting my benchmarks sometime sunday after I do a 24 hr stress test on this bad puppy!!

WOW! Dude that thing is bitchin' :D
I'd shoot everyone I know just to be able to hold a rig like that. Seriously though, I'd love to see how that thing overclocks, and see if you can maybe get a 100% increase, because that would truly kick ass. Good luck!

dont make me bust out my dual p2-400 system. that's right, you heard me.

dual.
pentium 2.

that's what i thought

Bitch please...

Pentium I 233 mmx.
128mb ram
10gb hdd
Matrox Millennium 4mb

:D

abacus.jpg

What do you know about computers, huh?

fluxion said:
dont make me bust out my dual p2-400 system. that's right, you heard me.

dual.
pentium 2.

that's what i thought
Got you beat with my dual p-90, whopping 128MB Ram, huge 4GB SCSI HDD, 8x SCSI cdrom, and 1mb cirrus video card.

ha...P 83mhz
thats right, only one P...none of that P2/P3 garbage.

and what is this multiple gig hd nonsense?

Maxtor 750MB. word. Used to have 16mb of ram but I recently upgraded to 32mb so now its OVER.

badmojo said:
ha...P 83mhz
thats right, only one P...none of that P2/P3 garbage.

and what is this multiple gig hd nonsense?

Maxtor 750MB. word. Used to have 16mb of ram but I recently upgraded to 32mb so now its OVER.

I can remember saving my lunch money to buy another 16 megs of ram for that mac i stated above. i was in middle school, so saving 2 dollars a day, it took me half the year... lmao.

or spending most of my birthday money on a 33.6 modem to upgrade from my 2400 baud...

haha i got you guys owned beyond belief...
IBM thinkpad pentium 50mhz, 16mb ram, 600mb hdd, 4x cd-rom, and about 20min of battery life...WHAT THEN HOES

botld92z said:
I can remember saving my lunch money to buy another 16 megs of ram for that mac i stated above. i was in middle school, so saving 2 dollars a day, it took me half the year... lmao.

or spending most of my birthday money on a 33.6 modem to upgrade from my 2400 baud...

I think I was in 9th or 10th grade. And I think we both just time stamped ourselves hehe. Damn I am getting old.

badmojo said:
I think I was in 9th or 10th grade. And I think we both just time stamped ourselves hehe. Damn I am getting old.

I'm only 22.. :p

But to think back.. shit, I am getting old...

mac....IIIc.....thats all i know, first computer i ever owned.....in the third grade......i think my TI-92 out performs it in like every aspect....i would make dinner in the time it took for it to start up the Mac OS.

cell_491 said:
haha i got you guys owned beyond belief...
IBM thinkpad pentium 50mhz, 16mb ram, 600mb hdd, 4x cd-rom, and about 20min of battery life...WHAT THEN HOES

wow.. nice computer..

my first was an old 186.. had the 5.25" disk drives... think it was about 8mhz in speed, 256kb of memory and a ton of games my mom put on there for me :) still have it in storage...

half of them were black and white.. had loads of fun playing the adventures of kroz

man i loved that game...

sniper991122 said:
wow.. nice computer..

my first was an old 186.. had the 5.25" disk drives... think it was about 8mhz in speed, 256kb of memory and a ton of games my mom put on there for me :) still have it in storage...

half of them were black and white.. had loads of fun playing the adventures of kroz

man i loved that game...
my very first system was an ibm convertible 186 (might have been a 286) with an 8inch grayscale lcd and dual 3.5in floppy drives ( i dont remember the rest of the specs) but i dont have it anymore, it was a great system i used to play the original prince of persia on it

how about a 486 sx 25mhz hewlet packard no less with 8mb RAM!! :eek:
and a bad ass TNT 2 with 32 mb ram woot woot

My first system was a 4 mhz XT IBM with... oh geez... 64k of ram? I forget. I used to play Gold Box D&D games on it like the Original Pools of Radiance and Curse of the Azure Bonds. It would take like 5 mins for a battle to load. :( No hard disc of course, only a floppy drive!

Sweet green scale screen too

Then I had an Atari 400, an Amiga 500... ( I love the Amigas, they were so advanced... )

Ahhhhh

Tandy 2500 SX-25.

386 SX 25 /w 80387 CoProcessor.
80MB WDD HDD.
1MB Onboard VGA.
2400 Baud Modem.
No CD Rom.

My dad bought that for me in 1991 as a birthday gift.
In 1992 I upgraded the HDD to a MONSTER 400MB Conner. Only cost me $419. lol

OCC_Yoda said:
CPU P2-350 MHz
Motherboard Intel 82371 chipset
Casing ATX Tower
PSU 600watt OKIA quad 12v rails--- need power to run this rig!!!
HDD 6.5 gb
FDD 3.5 inch
RAM 32 mb SD
Sound integrated
Cdrom 52x
Speakers attached on monitor
Keyboard ACER
Ports com1, lpt1, 2usb
Mouse ps2 scroll
Modem internal 56k
Monitor 17 inch ACER
Visiontek VGA -16mb AGP 2X/4X NVidia Riva TNT2 Chipset SDRAM
Danger Den Custom water cooling Unit for both the vid card as well as the CPU

I decided to go with the water cooling unit because Im going be over clocking the snot out of this new system!!

At a later date I might upgrade the video card by adding 2 voodoo2 and connecting them via the SLI connector!

Well Im off to benchmark the bad boy!!!

Ill be posting my benchmarks sometime sunday after I do a 24 hr stress test on this bad puppy!!

Well? Did you actually overclock it?

I got you all beat. Check this:

Timex Sinclair 1000
3.25 blazin' fast mhz, 2kb ram, 16kb memory pack(big as 3 packs of smokes), tape dive, and a mother f$ckin 13" black n white tv.

Pwned!!

Xmas present 1982. Damn I'm an old f#ck :rolleyes:

Let me boot up my Apple II so we can all play some Oregon Trail!

Whoever gets a buffalo first is [H]ard.

http://oldcomputers.net/c64.html I got it when I was 4 from my uncle. I wrote my first program on it when I was 10. I was born in 1988, so I think that was pretty good.

When I was 8 I also got a nice Intel machine custom made for me. It had the Pentium MMX. 32 MB of ram, 56k, crazy shit. I saved up my money to buy a k6.

Haven't done any big upgrades other than a 03 switch to AMD setup. Building my newest system this year.

Old computers rule.

Apple 2GS, dual 3.5" floppies, modem [never used], hard drive [broke], sound, color monitor!!!

Had it when I was in kingergarden and for several years . . . ah, the memories of that so simple OS . . .
Nothing like knowing REALLY rich people with to much stuff :D

SpoogeMonkey said:
I got you all beat. Check this:

Timex Sinclair 1000
3.25 blazin' fast mhz, 2kb ram, 16kb memory pack(big as 3 packs of smokes), tape dive, and a mother f$ckin 13" black n white tv.

Pwned!!

Xmas present 1982. Damn I'm an old f#ck :rolleyes:

Ahh yes but do you have the thermal printer?? Dad bought one when I was 4. I remember writing my first basic program on it at around 4-5.

Sloth said:
http://oldcomputers.net/c64.html I got it when I was 4 from my uncle. I wrote my first program on it when I was 10. I was born in 1988, so I think that was pretty good.

When I was 8 I also got a nice Intel machine custom made for me. It had the Pentium MMX. 32 MB of ram, 56k, crazy shit. I saved up my money to buy a k6.

Haven't done any big upgrades other than a 03 switch to AMD setup. Building my newest system this year.

Old computers rule.

Ahh yes fond memories of my commodore 64. My C64 orginial is packed up in a box somewhere, along with my 1541, and the MPS-802 (?) printer :p Dont forget the Dataset tapedrive.

I still to this day have a full C128 setup, that I use fairly regularly. 1571, 1581 (Damn expensive) 1902 Monitor (Beautiful for C128)

I've got a TI99-4A in a box somewhere. Speech synth, programs on tape and cartridge.

Also have an Eagle 8mhz with math-co. Memory was upgraded to 640k. (about $300 back then)

Then there's the Laser AppleIIE...

All still in working order. :)

I'm scared to death that the tapes and floppys from these old systems won't work if I ever try to use them again, but I don't have the time to transfer them all to new media. Too many boxfulls.

Hatebreed said:
Let me boot up my Apple II so we can all play some Oregon Trail!

Whoever gets a buffalo first is [H]ard.
your not gonna believe this but when i was in the six grade i moved from south florida to coweta county georgia and the middleschool there had only one computer lab and all they had were apple II's and we used to play oregon trail on them...the scary part is im only 17 so when i was in six grade pentium 4's were already out in fact the school i left to go to georgia had a computer lab full of dell 1.4 willamete based desktops....the downgrade was depressing.

I have my IBM PS1 sitting in my room running..

25mhz 286
2 MB ram
20 meg hard drive compressed to 40 meg
3.5 inch floppy
like a 2800 modem in it or something...it was awesome back in the local BBS days
--Ill still use it because it has wolfenstein and tie fighter installed on it...I cant find my install disks

I also have my commodor 64 hooked up to my TV...for one reason only.. SPACE TAXI !!!!!!!!

Im being serious...if I had my camera(just got married and moved into a new place) I would take picts...but everyone on here knows what those crappy machines look like

and CELL 491

the computer lab in our middle school only had 1 copy of Oregon Trail...so we had a waiting list to play it. I think I got to finally play it the last day of school back in like 6th grade...

to hell with oregon trail!
it was all about the pixstudio for the MAC
wish i discovered acid while playing this

bink said:
and CELL 491

the computer lab in our middle school only had 1 copy of Oregon Trail...so we had a waiting list to play it. I think I got to finally play it the last day of school back in like 6th grade...
yea i think we had like 6 or 7 copies so pretty much anyone who wanted to play it got to play it

Spazilton said:
Ahh yes but do you have the thermal printer?? Dad bought one when I was 4. I remember writing my first basic program on it at around 4-5.

Hell I didn't get a dot matrix printer til 3 yrs later with my Radio Shack Color Computer 2 ($400 printer too :eek: ) Upgraded the coco2 to 64kb ram....spent 3 hrs desoldering the 16kb ram chips and soldering in the new ones :cool: Not too bad for being 16 at the time........20 yrs ago :rolleyes:

Ahh...the good days.

My first was a 186, but my first true love was the 286 (which I dumped like a bad habit for a 486DX2-66)

My favorite days were the ones I could talk mom into taking a trip to the nearest Egghead so I could check out their software rack...it was one of those turn racks where all the hottest software was released. I used to praise those floppy disks like none else. I still remember the first time I saw duke nukem and wolfenstein 3d

My first was an Apple ][. It's with ][ and not II. That was the trade mark. Oh, and the green screen. Gota love the green screen. I remember loading games with cassette tapes and listening to all that weird noises.

Back