My latest [H]Shuttle Mod - 8800GTX in an SD32G5

dworley

Gawd
8800gtx-c.jpg

8800GTX-a.jpg

8800gtx-b.jpg

I have an XFX 8800GTX installed in my modded SD32G2 now! :D
(I had previously used this case mod with a 7800GTX 512 and recently an 8800GTS)

For the increased power demand of the 8800GTX, I added a Thermaltake Power Express 250W PSU in the optical bay. I used a PCI-E molex splitter from the Shuttle PSU and 1 PCI-E power connector from the Thermaltke PSU - efectively splitting the load between the two PSU’s.

The system runs extremely cool and is nearly silent, I have been gaming on it pretty hard and it has been 100% stable.

It was a bit tricky to get the card installed as there is practically no clearance in the front. I ended up removing the single slot PCI bracket from the rear of the card and setting it up in the rear chasis frame bracket (loose) and worked the card into it, then mounted it to the board afterwards.

The Shuttle is insanely fast and matches the performance of my 680i tower system now!

Great job! That looks great! I'm curious how you wired the second power supply in. Did you splice it into the other power supply mobo connector, or did you use a relay to turn it on / off? Also, what proc are you running?

The Thermaltake unit comes with a 24pin adapter that splices into the existing ATX connector and has a remote power on line.

I'm using a C2D Xeon 3070 (E6700) with a mild overclock to 3.0ghz

Tonight I installed a new C2D E4400 CPU replacing a Xeon 3070 (C2D 6700) and it overclocked easily to 3.0 GHZ on the first try at stock voltage (300x10) :D

So it's got no optical drive then?

You must be a huge fan of gigabit ethernet/iso images/daemon tools then.

Unless you've got some sort of external dealie goin' on.

It has an interenal Wireless adapter and I'm using a USB Slim DVD/RW drive for any Game DVD's ;)

(You should be able to make out the external DVD drive on top of the XBOX 360 in the pics)

It has an interenal Wireless adapter and I'm using a USB Slim DVD/RW drive for any Game DVD's ;)

(You should be able to make out the external DVD drive on top of the XBOX 360 in the pics)

Yeah I saw it but I wasn't sure :D

Simply gorgeous.

If only there was a way to get that slim DVD inside the case..

What did you use for moulding around the cutout? That's an excellent job, it looks like the case was designed that way.

Back