My Latest Wallpaper ->

FiZ

[H]ard|Gawd
Well not really new, finished about a month ago. From scratch with PS 7.0, natural brushes and mouse. Used an American History X poster for reference. Took me 8 hours or so, kinda lost track of time. Enjoy.
historyx.jpg

Damn fine work!

Just use a sharper brush for the glints in his eyes, at the moment
it looks like his lenses are sand-blasted. :D

Thanks. Fixed it. I am really new to digital art so if any other adjustments need to be made don't hold back. This is my second real attempt.

That's wicked nice. I love that movie and that's an awesome picture. The only thing that's kinda off to me is his eyes. They look a bit like cat eyes to me..

That is exactly how the poster looks :confused: . Thanks for the comment though. Doesn't look wrong to me, what does everyone else think?

Nice job....still can't beleive that is mouse work. I hate using a mouse to art. I want a tablet. Makes stuff SO much easier.

P.S. Like FarCry?

FarCry is great, just wish it ran better on high settings. Wasn't expecting it to bring my system to its knees. Thanks once again for sending it my way.

Originally posted by Tiny
Nice job....still can't beleive that is mouse work. I hate using a mouse to art. I want a tablet. Makes stuff SO much easier.

P.S. Like FarCry?

Great work FiZ

A cheap great alternative to a good tablet is the graphire series. I have a Graphire 2 and i love it. I got it for 60$ I wish I could afford a intuos but a little out of my range right now.

Thanks. I would look into a tablet but I have no time right now with midterms coming up damn fast.

Hey Fiz,

Post some others if yah got 'em, cause you do great work.

OT: I was out your way last week, I90 that is. Had to drive to WA to settle my grandparents estate, and I had to drive 22 straight hours. Would have been faster if I didn't stop at each college along the way in MT. Gotta say my choice is narrowed down to MTState and MTtech. Butte was a good looking town, in my opinion.

Kinda' kicking back right now since I am sick of looking at asphalt and concrete.

Nice. Did you stop here in Missoula and check out the UofM? If you are looking at tech and state though you are probably majoring in something they are better suited for. Bozeman and Butte are both great towns. You will love either.

I would post my other piece of work (heh only one other, I am very new with digital art), but it is a very different style and I don't like it much. Bah, to the hell with it, just don't tell me how much it sucks because I am well aware :p . Also done from scratch with natural brushes and with a mouse. Used a poster as reference.
td123.jpg

The idea of drawing a picture such as this in photoshop from scratch is flabergasting to me. Do any of you guys have a few links where I could watch a step by step or somehow grasp how you do this?

I didn't look at any guides are anything, I just started with the image above.

Some things that I wish I knew before I started:

Don't overuse the blur tool.
Start with a rough scetch, with something like the line tool and low opacity. Just get the outlines.
Smudge is useful for shading.
After doing the scetch start with darks and work your way to lights.

Other than that just start messing around. Patience is the biggest part.

Back