My local store has 6 Retail e6600 in stock!!!!!!!!!

DDRX360 said:
go to the site go to store location and call
I dont even have a motherboard yet (on order @ mwave) Getting the proc and not being able to use it would probbaly drive me nutz.. not a pretty site.. haha :D

Microcenter in NY said they can't sell the conroe's until Monday :(

Just curious, what's the price? My MC is selling the OEM ones for $379 and doesn't have retail ones yet.

Never bothered asking about the price since VA didn't have it and NY wouldn't sell it.

I really hope prices dont look like monday or I am going to be sporting a sadface

Yeah i just called my local Microcenter. The woman did say they were in stock, but only a hand full and she said more was on the way. It's going to be an interesting couple of days or HOURS..lol

i just bit the bullet and ordered an OEM from clubit with overnight shipping

Called up the MC in Detroit and they said they had them. I just got back after picking up an e6600. They had 5 left (e6600's) in stock after I bought mine.

unusualfire said:
I thought most online places charge sales tax now anyway.

Usually if etailer is based in your state, you have to pay tax. Otherwise, the other 49 states are good.

miochza said:
Usually if etailer is based in your state, you have to pay tax. Otherwise, the other 49 states are good.

If you buy anything from a retailer that ships the product from within your state you will always pay state sales tax if your state charges tax.

burningrave101 said:
If you buy anything from a retailer that ships the product from within your state you will always pay state sales tax if your state charges tax.

That's basically what I said, except you said its where they ship from... I just know that pretty much no major etailer is based in CT so I almost never pay tax online.

miochza said:
That's basically what I said, except you said its where they ship from... I just know that pretty much no major etailer is based in CT so I almost never pay tax online.

Except... he was right. Its not just where their based. Example being newegg. They are based in CA, but they also have shipping facilities in NJ and KY. If you live in CA, NJ, or KY... you pay sales tax. A place like Microcenter, they have retail outlets in what looks to be 10 or so states. If you live in one of those states, you pay sales tax.

there's a micro center in cambridge, ma, i'll give them a call tomorrow (sunday) morning and see what's up.

R1ckCa1n said:
isnt' that about 40.00 high? (not including tax)

I would think that's no too bad for being local, atleast to me. Considering from everything I've seen from local stores always charging much more than online stores.

The only decent chain of stores I have in Modesto CA is PC Club and on their website they want $329 just for the E6400 retail and $419 for the E6600 retail. I don't want to know what a place like Compusa would charge for it or other locally owned pc stores.

There online store has them in stock, 100% available it sais. E6600 included. They are 379.99$ and ship in 1-2 business days.

Nitebane said:
There online store has them in stock, 100% available it sais. E6600 included. They are 379.99$ and ship in 1-2 business days.

I called the online store yesterday as well. The rep said they are in fact NOT in stock and were expected to arrive in the warehouse on monday. They were HOPING to ship wednesday.

Called Micro Center this morning, they said they had 5 in stock. Drove there, didn't see them on display, had to ask a salesperson about it. They DID have it, BUT they're OEM (only 30day warranty). Whatever, I bought it, and now I have to cancel my TankGuys order.

INTEL '85
INTEL CORE 2 DUO
6600 SL958 MALAY
2.40GHz / 4M / 1066 / 06
L625A209

soki said:
Called Micro Center this morning, they said they had 5 in stock. Drove there, didn't see them on display, had to ask a salesperson about it. They DID have it, BUT they're OEM (only 30day warranty). Whatever, I bought it, and now I have to cancel my TankGuys order.

INTEL '85
INTEL CORE 2 DUO
6600 SL958 MALAY
2.40GHz / 4M / 1066 / 06
L625A209

You should have a 1 year warranty since Intel warranties Conroe OEM processors for 1 year.

Micro Center's price on the retail 6600 is $349.99 as opposed to $379.99 for the OEM. I'm going to go in tomorrow and exchange it.

burningrave101 said:
You should have a 1 year warranty since Intel warranties Conroe OEM processors for 1 year.
Sweet, thanks for letting me know.

Sorry.. can't take pics.. already put it in T_T

Back