My Mountain Mods UV goodness :)

Just finished putting this together, its a Mountain Mods U2 UFO. After my cpu/mobo probs last week the spec is now as follows:

Evga 680i A1
Intel QX6850
Thermaltake toughpower 1200w modular psu
8gb G-Skill pc6400 4-4-4-12
2x 8800gtx in sli
x-fi prelude
2x Pioneer 212 sata
3x Seagate 750gb 7200rpm sata
WD Raptor 74gb 10,000rpm sata
Watercooling with red UV goodness!! Blocks on CPU, NB, SB, GPUs, HDDs. 3 Rads in loop.

Will overclock in the near future!

Hope you like!! :)

Congrats, your system is worth more than my car!

Nice setup :D

Hmmm, so THATS what I can buy if I take all my tuition money for a school year and put it into a computer...very interesting.

Good job (hope you like it)

Don't know if I have this right, but it looks like you go from your cpu block to your southbridge and then back to your northbridge. Wouldn't it be a lot cleaner/efficient if you went cpu>nb>sb?

Maybe I'm not following the tubes properly.

Don't know if I have this right, but it looks like you go from your cpu block to your southbridge and then back to your northbridge. Wouldn't it be a lot cleaner/efficient if you went cpu>nb>sb?

Maybe I'm not following the tubes properly.

Yea I noticed that too. Seems like there could be a better order for the water to flow for a cleaner look. With a case that big I guess it doesn't matter all that much performance wise

This loop looks very restrictive. Might even get better temps on air.

Nice system though, just a little constructive criticism.

Why the cuplex... Well I started out ages ago on aqua computer parts, gradually switched over to other blocks, such as the danger den 8800 blocks. thats why some tubing is slightly different size between blocks.

Nothing is overclocked at the moment, temps are 31c for cpu, 34c for mb, 55c for gpu1 and 58c for gpu2. After playing a game for some 45 mins temps creep up by a few degrees. Will be interesting to see what temps are like after i overclock, as i know they will be higher then! My E6700 @ 3.5ghz was around 55c under load if i remember, though the loop order was different then.

The skull grill was from crazy pc, imported from the states (i live in the UK). The flame grills were from someone in the UK (believe me, lots of fan grills are hard to find in the UK)

the order for the loop is: res > pump > 360 rad (behind flame grills) > cpu > sb > nb > 120 rad (behind skull grill) > 8800 > 8800 > 160 rad > flow-wheel > hdd1 > hdd2 > hdd3 > hdd4

Various forum threads give different advice about loop order, i may change the loop when i refill in a few months time.

I dont get offended easily so constructive criticism is not a big deal, we are all entitled to our opinions so thats cool :)

just handy for keeping the cathodes in place, as the sticky pads are crap. cant see it when panels are on the case anyways :)

I like what's inside of it but I personally find it pretty ugly since you have about 6-7 colors in there...it's kind of a mess or fruity-colored tubes. :p I wouldn't mind having that hardware though!

Back