My New 64-Bit Box

cappy

n00b
I should be getting everything in by Tuesday. This is my first time building from scratch, and I can't wait to get it up and running. Tell me what you guys think.

Coolermaster Wavemaster
Antec TruePower True550
AMD-64 3200+
MSI K8N Neo Platinum Mobo
1GB Crucial PC3200 Ram
IBM Hitachi Deskstar 7K250 120GB SATA HDD
Visiontek Radeon X800Pro
Soundblaster Audigy2 ZS Gamer

I figured the extra couple bucks I spend will give me room for future upgrades.

I''m sure a true 380 would get the job done as well. :D

I love the case though, I thought about getting the wavemaster, but i'd really like something with a 120mm exhaust, and i'm too lazy to cut anything :D.
So the sonata by antec was my best choice, it's silent...now only if they can do the same to my girlfriend...

but yes, good PC choice...that'll last you a while. With the socket939 A64s being how expensive they are I think i'm going to stay with my 3200+ and just upgrade everything else.

ignitionxvi said:
true, a 430 would be fine

430 would still be overkill, true power psus can actually run at there rated wattage, not just peak there like most others.

UnseenClass said:
So the sonata by antec was my best choice, it's silent...now only if they can do the same to my girlfriend...

So tiny and quiet aren't your thing right now :eek:

TekieB said:
So tiny and quiet aren't your thing right now :eek:

Tiny? She already has that covered, it's the talking..it seems as though she always wants to talk when i'm playing a game...or maybe i'm just always playing games :rolleyes:.

And she always talks during movies...I hate that.

Yeah I got a True 480 PSU, but I overclock, and I'm getting a 6800GT.. and overclocking that too :D. So a little powersupply overkill is good for me.

Back