My New Build - With Pics

kevinjp

n00b
Just starting with CPU, I would have got my GPU block but I am upgrading my cards soon so there is no point.

Swiftech APOGEE GTZ Ultra Extreme Performance Universal Water-block
Swiftech MCB-120™ "Radbox" radiator/fan housing Rev 2
Swiftech MCRES-MICRO™ Reservoir
Bitspower Premium G1/4" High Flow 7/16" ID (5/8" OD) Compression Fittings
12 x Tygon 3603 7/16" ID (5/8" OD) Clear Tubing
Arctic Cooling AF Fan 12025 PWM 120mm Case Fan - Sleeved
A.C. Ryan TWIN Dual 12" CCFL Light - Blue
Danger Den DD-CPX-Pro 12V Pump
Swiftech Radiator - MCR220 Quiet Power Series Dual 120 mm - Black

Before
WaterCooling003.jpg

Parts
WaterCooling004.jpg

Hardware
WaterCooling001.jpg

Holes for Rad
WaterCooling006.jpg

Resivor Assembled
WaterCooling009.jpg

Water Block mounted with Compression fittings
WaterCooling008.jpg

Dry Fit Pump and Res
WaterCooling011.jpg

Installed Cathcodes and cleaned up wiring (still adjusting)
WaterCooling012.jpg

Installed Rad/Res/Pump
WaterCooling013.jpg

Left one end off to fill res to let air drain out, then attached before turning on.
WaterCooling014.jpg

Bleeding Lines
WaterCooling015.jpg

Finished Product
WaterCooling016.jpg

WaterCooling017.jpg

In the dark it looks amazing.

Just wanted to add:

I had a leak on one of the upgraded compression fittings on the rad. The o-rings given with bitspower really are to small in thinkness for a good seal. I took fatter ones of the supplied barbs and they worked perfect. I will change the other later on.

Other then that, there was no leaks or problems. The Tygon 7/16 ID//// 5/8 OD tubing is great for bending, performance and looks. Came in one solid piece no problem. Also very easy to cut.

I will get some night time shots up later. And I cleaned up my wiring better. Pain in the ass to hook up the fans I bought with the 4 pin connectors on my motherboard but I made it work. Cables could have been longer considering I was running it from outside the case. But for the average fan it is plenty.

I must say the swift tech resivor is amazing. It takes out bubbles very well for you. Lines were good in minutes and virtually no bubbles after 20minutes. I recommend it to any else who is planning on building new.

I will also get some screens up soon with my overclocks. CPU idles at 18 degrees running a Q6600 @ 2.4. ~36's/~29's on load with Prime.

Very nice. Congrats on a job well done. It's obvious you planned very well before beginning.

Damn 18 degrees! That rocks. Hope to see similar temps. Got the GTZ as well. I used MX5...what did you use? Too bad about the leak. I used worm clamps myself as I can't see anything being tighter than a worm clamp.

Back