My new build

prime 95 torture test and other ones as well. It has been at this OC for a month and no probs I can run it tonight if you want screenshot.

BTW this wouldn't be possible without this mod that I made in previous post

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1567477

I am bad with mem tuning any ideas on how to make this better:

Last edited:
Nice OC, any chance you can take a pic of where the h50 goes like the way the rad is basicly hidden.

more pics of h50 coming spent forever getting that thing set. Basically a wind tunnel in antec bay and working pretty good. Got 2 fans in bay and it mounts just fine.

That is the same way I mounted my H50, really good spot if you have free 5 1/4" bays and open air 5 1/4" slots place holders like my Lian-Li Case did.

Something like this so air can pass through it: ( I mounted a fan to it plus a fan push/pull on the rad all blowing out hte front of the case and it made for a very cool rad and even cooler temps for my 920 @ 4.2Ghz)

2872.jpg

Looks like a good CPU. Took me 1.33125V(in BIOS; 1.312 droop in CPU-Z) to get to 4200MHz stable on my 950.

Why no respect for the raptors? I thought I was close to SSD but nothing to see here. $50 a drive and legacy crap from my old machine. I think that is best bang for the buck except the elctric bill.

Raptors are good but just like any moving part access times are slower.

Plus you are getting those speeds with a RAID 0 with 4 drives WOW... which is not even close to being as stable to trust worthy as a SSD.

Good speeds nonetheless.

What it cost you to get 4 Raptors, you could have bought 1 SSD and had less power consumption and just as fast or faster speeds with a more reliable drive.

The SSD was my single most important upgrade in my computer.

Raptors are good but just like any moving part access times are slower.

Plus you are getting those speeds with a RAID 0 with 4 drives WOW... which is not even close to being as stable to trust worthy as a SSD.

Good speeds nonetheless.

What it cost you to get 4 Raptors, you could have bought 1 SSD and had less power consumption and just as fast or faster speeds with a more reliable drive.

The SSD was my single most important upgrade in my computer.

Seek and read speeds maybe, but I have yet to see a SSD with a capacity I consider "Useable" in a desktop that has write speeds that can top mechanical HDs.

Only reason I didn't go with SSD is I had left over raptor drives. Just a cost issue and for the price they are fast and have 1TB data drive for my music. The problem is I have now maxed out all my internal sata connections. I agree SSD is the future but for now price is high and I would say my data is safer with 4x raptor in raid 0 vs SSD. I have a full image backup anyways. I have had 2 of these drives over 5 years and not a single bad sector.

RAID 0 isn't safe.... ask anyone.

SSDs w/ TRIM are safe.

I agree with the cost, and if you had the raptors.

But I was merely explaining why people are saying that about the raptors.

I am willing to bet that if you "upgraded" to a SSD you wouldn't notice a speed change. but trust me it would be safer.

Back