My New Completed Watercooled Machine...Finally...(pics)

Dark Prodigy

Jawbreaker
How's it going fam...Many of you have helped me out with questions concerning my new watercooling build and setup and so here are the pictures of the fruit of my labor and sound advice which I dubbed 'Solidus'.
Let me apologize for the huge pictures...I don't have too many build pictures because my camera is utter garbage...

Here's what I started off with. A simple masking job for some metallic silver paint...
000_0148.jpg
[/IMG]

And I had to cut a blowhole for the radiator....
000_0152.jpg

After many weeks of saving/researching/building...here's what I came up with...

000_0290.jpg
[/IMG]

000_0292.jpg
[/IMG]

000_0305.jpg
[/IMG]

000_0301.jpg
[/IMG]

000_0295.jpg
[/IMG]

Slot drives were a must with me...so here they are...pricey but here...
000_0297.jpg
[/IMG]

000_0298.jpg
[/IMG]

000_0213.jpg
[/IMG]

Here's my setup...I even had to put the desk together... :(

000_0287.jpg
[/IMG]

000_0289.jpg
[/IMG]

000_0294.jpg
[/IMG]

000_0288.jpg
[/IMG]

SPECS:
Coolermaster Cavalier T03
Asus A8N SLI Premium
AMD 4200+ X2 @ 2.5
2 XFX 7800GT's Extreme Edition (SLI)
2 74 Gb WD Raptors (RAID 0)
1 GB Corsair XMS PC3200 (512x2)
X-Fi Soundblaster Platinum
Hauppage PVR500MCE Dual Tuner
Coolermaster RS550w PSU
Saitek Eclipse keyboard
Logitech G5 Laser Mouse
2 Plextor 716AL DVDrw DL Slot Drives
Logitech Z-5500's
2 Coolermaster Musketeer HDD silencer/coolers
2 SilenX 120 mm fans
1 Sunon 120mm High Performance fan
2 SilenX 40mm fans (for hdd coolers)
Dell 26" Widescreen LCD Monitor
Watercooling:
DangerDen RBX
DangerDen BIP 120mm Rad (painted silver)
DangerDen A8n Chipset
2 Asetek GPU w/b (SLI)
Swiftech 655 Pump
Swiftech MicroRes
PC Ice UV Blue
3/4" Tygon Tubing

Well I think that's it, probably could have been better...Thanks for looking.. :)

those are the coolest optical drives I have EVER seen.

EDIT: this is essentially my dream setup. (want to trade ;)) You need another gig of ram though ;)

Looks good, although it looks as if you have a nasty kink in one of your tubing runs, try a zip tie around it to keep it from kinking. (The tubing run coming from the GPU going to the NB block)

Mayhs said:
i think you need to adjust the resolution on ur dell :p

I'm getting a very sharp 1400 X 1024 widescreen resolution on my dell... my camera is just garbage...

Dark Prodigy said:
I'm getting a very sharp 1400 X 1024 widescreen resolution on my dell... my camera is just garbage...

yeh it looks sharp slightly blurred but that happens..i mean youve got to make it fit the whole screen :p

Erasmus354 said:
Looks good, although it looks as if you have a nasty kink in one of your tubing runs, try a zip tie around it to keep it from kinking. (The tubing run coming from the GPU going to the NB block)

Yeah its kinked actually very slighty, the cam makes it look worse than it is.. not enough to hurt my flow though.. it was fine when I first set everything up and started running liquid..Tygon tubing is so-so I guess...I'll replace the tube altogether very soon...

jcll2002 said:
those are the coolest optical drives I have EVER seen.

EDIT: this is essentially my dream setup. (want to trade ;)) You need another gig of ram though ;)

True.. I guess it was a little short-sighted to only have 1 gig. But I'm really not sure what I should get. 2 x 1 gb to keep dual channel or simply add another 2 512mb to have 2 total and keep my current ram...

Dark Prodigy said:
True.. I guess it was a little short-sighted to only have 1 gig. But I'm really not sure what I should get. 2 x 1 gb to keep dual channel or simply add another 2 512mb to have 2 total and keep my current ram...

id go 2x1gig sticks personally...i know a lot of people who have problesm with 4x512 but i dont know if its just them or the sticks :p

Dude are those white cold cathodes? I want to get some! I got some coolermaster ones a while back but they weren't bright at all. What kind are these, and where did you get them?

scrawnypaleguy said:
Dude are those white cold cathodes? I want to get some! I got some coolermaster ones a while back but they weren't bright at all. What kind are these, and where did you get them?

white look nice but when the lights are on coloured ones look a lot better...i have one white one in right now but my 3 blue ones look tonnes better in light

scrawnypaleguy said:

They are white '12" Super Bright' cold cathodes... I got them from Frozencpu.com on sale. For a pair they were like $11.99... I didn't think a UV type cathode with color was going to create the type of lighting I wanted so I went with these. I was kind of concerned they wouldn't be bright enough, but they illuminate the inside of my case great even during the day...I would like to add 1 more though....

Asian Dub Foundation said:
nice stuff man! love your slot drives

Thanks all for super the compliments... These were the ONLY slot drives on the market at the time that could be purchased new (now Plextor makes a silver version for $189.99). Even though Plextor is a premiere company when it comes to optical drives, I wish more companies would make slot drives...simply for competitive pricing if anything. These drives are super fast, but the price tag has to change.. I had to save for nearly a month just to purchase these, regardless of the rebate... :mad: But it was worth it...

that kink looks pretty bad no matter how you cut it, you can see it in all the pics, esp the one from above, you can see it HAS to be restricting flow..

if you dont want to re run the hose, i would at least try a blue zip tie, or blue cool sleeves...

you may not think thats too severe but it is.

bradyapba said:
that kink looks pretty bad no matter how you cut it, you can see it in all the pics, esp the one from above, you can see it HAS to be restricting flow..

if you dont want to re run the hose, i would at least try a blue zip tie, or blue cool sleeves...

you may not think thats too severe but it is.

ANY kink is bad in my opinion.. and like I said it was perfect in initial setup and all tubes were fine during system testing (about 14 days or so) up until about 2 days ago. I've been checking my temps for the past couple of days and they are exactly the same...maybe it does restrict..maybe it doesn't. Regardless I'm rerunning the tubing..a ziptie would work and I already thought about cool sleeves but I'd rather rerun it with some cheaper and stiffer clearflex rather than Tygon and I'll do it this weekend...I wouldn't expect Tygon to go soft on me but oh well... always some sort of setback.

Thanks for the constructive criticism (at least I hope it was)...

take a pic of the side directly please, then i'll make comments, cuz i can't see the whole thing, and the angle you shot from might be hiding a rats nest of wires :p

Def. nothing but constructive... just wanted to point out that you should try to fix it if you could, with that sweet of a set up, a kink just sucks...

i love your set up, so i was just trying to be helpful is all.

and this made me laugh...

...I wouldn't expect Tygon to go soft on me but oh well

Peach said:
take a pic of the side directly please, then i'll make comments, cuz i can't see the whole thing, and the angle you shot from might be hiding a rats nest of wires :p

*chuckles* I can promise no 'rats nests' of wires...I spent waaayy too much time on wire management. The back of my motherboard tray looks like a snake orgy. I'll be taking some 'updated' pictures in about a week or so in this thread with this garbage camera of mine after I do some minor maintenance. I'll post more 'revealing' shots too... ;)

bradyapba said:
Def. nothing but constructive... just wanted to point out that you should try to fix it if you could, with that sweet of a set up, a kink just sucks...

i love your set up, so i was just trying to be helpful is all.

and this made me laugh...

Thanks for the advice ... and um... that quote does sound weird... heh... :D

Erasmus354 said:

Yeah, looks like you've got a kink on one of the lines from the chipset block. Pretty knarley. Aside from that, very impressive and clean setup you've got there!

Heh, I'm sure the thread looks great on your monitor, but I'm having to scroll like crazy on the first page! Resize, man! There's a powertoy that does it with a right-click :D

Rig looks great, though. I'd like to see how you did your masterful wire management. An pics of that?

headala said:
Heh, I'm sure the thread looks great on your monitor, but I'm having to scroll like crazy on the first page! Resize, man! There's a powertoy that does it with a right-click :D

Rig looks great, though. I'd like to see how you did your masterful wire management. An pics of that?

Thanks for the compliments and I do have a few shots of the wire management, I didn't post them because of the size of the pictures. I suck at resizing and my camera is garbage. But after some minor maintenance on my comp in the coming days, I will be posting more pics in this thread...

looks like you have a kink goen for the second gfx to the chipset, migth wanna put a hose clamp on that so the tube holds its composure.

bitbum said:
Your work is very nice. I like it! What are your temps?

Thankyou...

CPU 36C idle...... 44C Load
GPU1 38C idle..... 49 -51 or so load
GPU2 38-39 idle....51-53 or so load
NB ... no clue.. (need a program to monitor chipset temps)
System..stays around 33C

Not the best but it gets it done nicely...

nice job thats a very hard rig

Thanks.. it was an exhausting build...but very fun.. :)

Here's a quick peek at how I accomplished the wire management..about like everyone else I guess...Everything is wiresleeved in Blue for the most part...Ran out of one color of blue and was tired of trying to find the same blue I started with.Contrast is good....right? :(

000_0189.jpg
[/IMG]

Back