My new desk.

ABSOLUTELY [H] !!! No room for critisizm. You asked for suggestions.. I think it'd be cool to add like a heater for your toes with the control knob located near the mouse. And a swinging cupholder is a must. On like a ball-bearing joint or something so it adjusts on its own to the incline.

Other then those toys.. great job. $100 in steal and countless hours of work is what its all about .. congratulations to you... your are the vinnar!

Originally posted by theNoid
And a swinging cupholder is a must. On like a ball-bearing joint or something so it adjusts on its own to the incline. [/B]

It's funny, the first thing I did when I finished was grab a beer, sit down at the desk and then noticed, "hey there are no horizantal surfaces". I am looking for a cupholder now. Lousy spilled beer......

you could make one out of some PVC pipe, and have that on a loose bolt (thread locked to keep it in place) so that it swivvles or pivots to vertical nomater what pitch the desk is at.

Originally posted by Spinal
Does it wobble at all? I can't tell how you balanced it.

No, its rock solid. I made sure the hinge would do its job. And its not balanced per se, there is some tongue weight on this to let the electric lift work properly.

Originally posted by dagamore
you could make one out of some PVC pipe, and have that on a loose bolt (thread locked to keep it in place) so that it swivvles or pivots to vertical nomater what pitch the desk is at.

Good idea, thanks.

mad props on that.

Looks great.

Also, as mentioned before, joking or not. You should put a patent on taht thing and see about getting someplace to manufacture it, or do it yourself. It could be some mad money if the price was right.

Originally posted by CyberSlave
mad props on that.

Looks great.

Also, as mentioned before, joking or not. You should put a patent on taht thing and see about getting someplace to manufacture it, or do it yourself. It could be some mad money if the price was right.

Yup... making money is good. And I am sure the flight sim people would be all over this.

also, even if money isn't made.
Patent it, that way there won't be another Antech/Apple thing.
Antec with the LED fans and Apple with the lighted keyboard.
It would be yours.

For something that cool, you really need to get some better pictures for it. I don't suppose you can make a better camera can you?

seriously that looks like something that could make some money if you sell it for under 500 to [H] croud, shit id buy it (it would
probaly come out cheaper to go to your house with a uhal then to have it shipped though)

1) steal underpants
2) ??
3) profit

Never seriously considered patenting it. Guess I better do some googling tommorrow and learn how. To get better pics, I would have to spend more on a camera than I did on the desk! I'll see what I can do though.

Now paint it high gloss piano black and install a heart rate and blood pressure monitor. You could then apply to the US Gov for a research grant on the physilogical afffects of CS play for 24 hours straight.

Originally posted by COCOViper
I bet you could sell that desk for at least....$10,000 ;)

long live the $10,000 desk!

Realy, well here goes:

For sale one slightly used recling computer desk. The unit will support up to 200 lbs of monitors and comes with a cup holder option. How much would you pay for this? Dont answer yet. Free delivery within the continental United States. Suggested retail price $10,000. On sale this week for $8,999.99.

i was day-dreaming about making my own desk this summer and i stumble upon your masterpiece. that is an awsome piece of hardware. good work.

wow that definately kicks ass! hope the monitors are securely attached to the desk tho! :eek:

jacuzz1 said:
Now paint it high gloss piano black and install a heart rate and blood pressure monitor. You could then apply to the US Gov for a research grant on the physilogical afffects of CS play for 24 hours straight.

Hell, I'd tell ya that for $50 and a case of Bawls. :cool:

that looks awesome but I have only one suggestion for ya.

you shouldve rigged up some sort of toilet underneath the seat and you shouldve mounted some sort of small refrig on the side somehow.

that way, you'd never have to leave your PC again. :D

The wench needs a usb control interface linked to your joystick. That way when you pull back on the stick the desk inclines... Also make it fully 360 degree movement in some kind of powered gyroscopic mount. YEA!!!

Still very freakin cool.

And I wanted to be the one to make the $10,000 desk comment dagnabit!!!

ozziegn said:
some sort of small refrig on the side somehow. that way, you'd never have to leave your PC again. :D

I do have a water line from my RO filter that I can drink all I want from. After extensive conusmption of H2O though, I do have to get up. I should look into the toilet mod.

Grimlakin said:
And I wanted to be the one to make the $10,000 desk comment dagnabit!!!

I wonder how many other people here have a $10,000 desk. I have never spent that much on a car before, let alone a desk!

Disarray said:
I wonder how many other people here have a $10,000 desk. I have never spent that much on a car before, let alone a desk!

neither did he. it was mommy and daddy's money...

COCOViper said:

manddeskref.jpg

I just had to. Really. :p

Well I just got two 19 " monitors for $20 a piece. So I guess I will have to cut and weld some more on my desk! Maybe now I will go ahead and paint it black.

iGod said:
manddeskref.jpg

I just had to. Really. :p

OMG HAHAHAHA, I love it. I remember those days. That was like 6 months of bashing

WOWOWOWOWOWOWOW VERY NICE DESK <- No, my Caps Lock keys was NOT stuck ;-)

Maybe think about investing in wireless peripherals (at least the keyboard and mouse).

Torquemada XP said:
Maybe think about investing in wireless peripherals (at least the keyboard and mouse).

I was very disappointed in the performance of a wireless mouse. It was heavy and not 100% accurate in the game I play.

Hm, been following this thread for a while.

lets' see:

1.distance from eyes to screeen is way too large. It means you will tend to get closer to your screen, but the tilt will get in the way. Ever noticed how the majority of us are literally inches away form the screen (and the back hurts because we're not supportinh our backs anymore?)

2. Tilt is impractical and I don't really see the use of that. Mouse will slid edown, drink will spill... why?/

3. Cost. 100$ yes, but materials only, laying around. I bet no one in their right mind would sell this for a 100, it's just not doable. Whoever said that, has no experience in metal fabrication or manufacturing. And no one would buy it at 10Gs, y'all just complained about the Gamedeck being too expensive at 4500, with leather and powder coating and all.

4. Patent. There is a patent already for that. Do a search at uspto.gov under computer workstations, you'll find it there. Sorry...

It's a nice home project and lots of hard work went into it, kudos to the builder.

COCOViper said:

FACK

You beat me to it :D

as for this desk, youre probabily the laziest person in the world :D

Back