My new power supply [56K friendly pics]

cheezies

[H]ard|Gawd
Got my new Ultra X-Connect 500 power supply yesterday and took some pics. I orginally had an Antec TrueControl 500, awesome PSU, but the cabling was too messy I didn't like the voltage adjustment panel that HAD to be plugged in for decent voltages.

DSC00568.jpg
DSC00569.jpg

DSC00570.jpg
DSC00573.jpg

DSC00577.jpg
DSC00586.jpg

I guess my case was pretty messy before, so these new cables definitely helped increase air flow in my case.

CPU load temp dropped from 52 C to 51 C.
CPU idle temp dropped from 47 C to 44 C.

And lastly, here are my voltages

+3.3V - 3.26 V
+5V - 5.05 V
+12V - 12.10 V

Just minutes ago I connected my heatsink fan which was originally connected to the mobo's 3 pin plug to the power supply via 3 to 4 pin adapter ... CPU idle temp dropped 4 degrees, from 44 C to 40 C.

diredesire said:
how are your voltages measured, exactly?
Ya, and i'm interested in knowing how much it fluctuates during bootup and heavy loads. That PSU certainly looks nice & functional but i haven't seen a true in-depth review on it yet. I wonder who oems' or manufactures them.

SJetski71 said:
Ya, and i'm interested in knowing how much it fluctuates during bootup and heavy loads. That PSU certainly looks nice & functional but i haven't seen a true in-depth review on it yet. I wonder who oems' or manufactures them.

I'll soon be writing a review with an electrical engineering graduate friend. The voltages above were measured in AIDA32.

Prime95 @ 210x11 1.65v for 6 hours 10 minutes, voltages are ...

CPU Core: 1.63 V
+3.3 V : 3.28 V
+5 V : 5.05 V
+12 V : 12.04V

From what I can tell so far, it's been very good.

sexy :D i want to get the black one and the Back Ultra liquidgloss case
how is it worth $100

Good to hear: been planning on getting a blue one to match my case.

Elios said:
sexy :D i want to get the black one and the Back Ultra liquidgloss case
how is it worth $100

Yeah, those liquid gloss cases look real nice.

Back