My New T42 (56k=wait)

TheGeneral

Limp Gawd
I got it about a week ago, just got around to taking pics now. All just about self explanatory, the quarter is there to show thickness. Specs as follows:

14" SXGA+
1.7GHz Dothan Pentium-M
512MB PC2700
64MB Mobility 9600
80GB 5400RPM HD
DVD/CD Burner
3yr Next Day On Site Warrenty Service
~$2100

thinkpad01.jpg

thinkpad02.jpg

thinkpad03.jpg

thinkpad04.jpg

thinkpad05.jpg

thinkpad06.jpg

thinkpad07.jpg

Nice system. If I had the money I would have an IBM Txx instead of a Dell 600m. However the 600m has been great to me.

MISMCSA said:
Nice system. If I had the money I would have an IBM Txx instead of a Dell 600m. However the 600m has been great to me.

My thoughts exactly :D

Great looking lappie you have there! The T21 I got from work is really making it hard to justify buying another Dell (I have a C600 that I bought myself a year ago). IBM makes some quality notebooks :D

Yea, IBM does make some sturdy, durable notebooks.

I still have a Thinkpad 760ED from the mid-90s that works like a charm! It even holds a charge.

pointdexterish said:
Great looking lappie you have there! The T21 I got from work is really making it hard to justify buying another Dell (I have a C600 that I bought myself a year ago). IBM makes some quality notebooks :D

i honestly dont know why ANYONE buys Dell, cheap, plasticy crap

For some reason, I've never been that enamored of IBMs....I guess it could be because we used them exclusively ad my previous place of employment, and we had all sorts of problems with hardware compatibility and design flaws (like one model where you couldn't use both PCMCIA slots because that was the only route out of the machine for hot air when it was sitting on your lap....superheated thighs). My current machine's an HP nx7000 - Centrino with 15" WSXGA screen. Anyone got experience with both and like to comment on how they compare?

all i can say is that on mom's old ibm thinkpad, the power connector in the back is loose so that accidently jiggling it causes it to loose power, and also the little connectors on the battery are broken so the battery is useless. we got her a new dell laptop, forget exact model off the top of my head, but we're happy with it.

omega-x said:
tim: ditto, i series?
yep, it's a celery 433 i think. i got it at best buy. the computer actually does boot into windows (which was good, i could backup my mom's aol mail from a couple years ago :p) but i've since gotten a 2.5" enclosure for the drive to get files off of it. now it just sits around, actually it's been sitting around for a while, i had my mom using an older dell p2/3 500 desktop temporarily after i deemed her old laptop to not be suitable for everyday use

Back