My one XBox Live gripe...

Joose

Gawd
Why is it that when I'm looking for a game, that I only have the option to join a ranked match, non-ranked match or make my own.

Where is the "View all open games" and pick which one I want rather than it throwing me into a game that I dont want. I know there are custom filters but what if I want to join a game that my friend made?

It's been a while since I played on live, but can't your friend just invite you to his game?

I was hoping there was a game search function like on any other PC Multiplayer game.

not a 1 button find me a game option. I want something for the more savy user.

It depends on the game. Its not a static thing through all of Xbox Live. What game are you playing?

mikereeve said:
It depends on the game. Its not a static thing through all of Xbox Live. What game are you playing?
it has been like this for both PGR3 and Perfect Dark Zero... I haven't tried other games but I noticed this as well. For a somewhat hardcore FPS like PDZ, I would expect more in terms of game selection ability.

you can search you just have to be in the right mode. in pgr3 i beleive its in playtime mode or whatever its called to search. just make sure you in the right mode to do it.

Its per game, meaning the developer puts it in. Do you think that just because you play a PC game, it automatically has a lounge ? No its per developer, same on Live.

If you want to join a friends game try this

1. Press the Guide button
2. Navigate to the friends section and click on your friend whose game you want to join
3. Click on their name
4. The top option should be "Join Game in Progress", select that.

As long as you have the game in the drive it should load and take you right to the game. Now for some odd reason this doesn't always work, but it does work 90% of the time. If it doesn't work and you know someone else in the game, try it for that person as well often times that will work. For example sometimes I couldn't do it for Hypothermia during the [H] weekends, but I could join the game doing this for someone else who was in the server.

theNoid said:
Its per game, meaning the developer puts it in. Do you think that just because you play a PC game, it automatically has a lounge ? No its per developer, same on Live.

you are correct... it is the developer, but I'm still mad that none of my games have this option.... its basically click 1 button and get thrown to the wolves.

Perfect Dark Zero
PGR3
Fight Night 3
BF2
Blazing Angels
Table Tennis

Every single game has an option to join a friend's match (And if it doesn't, they can simply invite you into the game through the friend's list).

Xbox Live is supposed to be streamlined. The entire idea is to get you playing as soon as possible without the hassle of spending more time browsing than actually playing.

K600 said:
Xbox Live is supposed to be streamlined. The entire idea is to get you playing as soon as possible without the hassle of spending more time browsing than actually playing.
That's nice and all but it would also be nice to at least have the option of browsing for games. I just hope UT2007 for 360 gets this right, until then I can game online on my PC.

Zinn said:
That's nice and all but it would also be nice to at least have the option of browsing for games. I just hope UT2007 for 360 gets this right, until then I can game online on my PC.

It is nice, and don't hold your breath; it's always been like this and it always will be. You choose the game modes you're looking for and Xbox Live picks the one with the best connection.

K600 said:
It is nice, and don't hold your breath; it's always been like this and it always will be. You choose the game modes you're looking for and Xbox Live picks the one with the best connection.
o rly?

Say for instance that I'm playing BF2 and I want to keep playing on the same server with the same guys all the time. I cant just go in and pick the game im looking for. It throws me automatically in a different one.

Joose said:
Say for instance that I'm playing BF2 and I want to keep playing on the same server with the same guys all the time. I cant just go in and pick the game im looking for. It throws me automatically in a different one.

That is because servers aren't constant. You can however always go and play with your friends by having all your friends join the same game that one friend is in.

Back