Are you addicted to Video Games?

• Yes

Votes: 21 47.7%
  • No

Votes: 23 52.3%

• Total voters

.Wiggles.

Limp Gawd
I'm doing my own survey here for you avid gamers. I'm writing a paper on video game addiction and I wanted a yes or no poll to see the results, from my favorite game forum.

You may want to go ahead and define addiction, as everyone assumes it wrong. Addiction is when you want to stop playing but cannot. Like wanting to stop smoking or drinking soda, but unable to do so. Just spending large amounts of time, having fun, on video games isn't addiction :)

You may want to go ahead and define addiction, as everyone assumes it wrong. Addiction is when you want to stop playing but cannot. Like wanting to stop smoking or drinking soda, but unable to do so. Just spending large amounts of time, having fun, on video games isn't addiction :)

denial is the first symptom of addiction :p

haha...this was appropriate:

addicted.jpg

I'm going to be the first one to stand up and admit it.

There was a time in my life that I was addicted to WoW, not to long ago. I played pretty much 6 nights a week, raiding, farming, pvp, etc. I gained probably 40 pounds. I had alot of fun play yes, we had a ball every night. But I was addicted, and quit.

You may all /point and laugh, but I was also in a very depressive state. I think MMOs trigger into these kind of people. Hook line and sinker them. At my worst I had the worst diet plan ever. Eat everything in sight (NUMMY NUMS), drinking sometimes 2-3 cans or bottle of regular soda a night (Thats what 360-400 empty calories?), eating at very late at night (11pm after raiding).

Since quitting WoW, and starting to diet I've lost 25 pounds. In about 2.5-3 months. I'm pretty proud of myself. My diet now consists of diet soda, not eating late at night, usually drinking water and a not eat everything in sight. Now I don't eat salad every night, tonight I enjoyed pizza, tomorrow I'll probably eat it for lunch too. But I know sometimes in the next few days i'm going to be eating salad and such.

/signed recovering addict.

Lets see, I own a 360/PS3/Wii and upgrade my PC and my g-f's PC atleast twice year. I've never missed work or anything for a game but it does take up alot of my free time.

Back