My P182 Window Mod.

JLangevin

[H]ard|Gawd
(this is the same text I wrote in the show your Antec thread, sorry... Im lazy :) )

I decided that I REALLY REALLY wanted a window on my Antec P182.... Since I blacked out the interior, made the custom mesh doors... it was time to do a window... I can say, I will never do another window on a P182 EVERY again! Those layers make it a bitch, but they DID allow me to make the acrylic flush with the exterior and interior... I didnt take pics of the process since it was pretty involved, but all the work was done with a dremel.... the cuts are VERY straight for being done by hand.... granted I have years of practice... it was still nerve wrecking.

When the PC is on, the LED lighting on the inside creates a nice reaction of the water cooling fluid inside the clear tubes...

window.jpg

This is my view from the "Capitan's Chair"

window_on.jpg

The cool thing is the acrylic that I used a custom bronze acrylic with a neat 1 way visibility thing going on... when the PC is powered off, the acrylic blacks out, and you cannot see inside... this is a very similar material to most tints and modular classroom windows, etc.... I think it fits the feel of the case a whole lot.

window_off.jpg

So what do you guys think? Took me about 4 hrs to do... most of that was being very steady and marking/planning/cutting of the holes on the window, panel, and splittle apart the layers. Antec used NO lack of two sided tape! Let me tell you! But, it turned out better than I had hoped.

Looks Good:D

Can We get some close ups of the front and back of the side panel?

It would be nice to see how this was done w/close ups.......

Brasco

like the last pic.
i know that to the right of the window there are drive cages but it still looks empty to me. if it were me i would try to incorporate a design into that area.

I'm just the opposite.... I always felt that the windows that were put onto P180's that went all the way into the drive area looked like crap. I only want to be able to see what matters, and the drive cages are black, so you wouldnt see them anyway. I get what you are saying though.... the window like this also gives the illusion that the case is longer than it is.

I will take some pics of the inside and close-ups when I get home from work. I should have last night, but I just didnt.

can u plz take a pic of the inside of the panel for me so i can see how u did it on the inside.. i want a simular side on my p180b.. thanks>

Back