My PC MW2 Review: A must buy! Cancel teh boycotts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PS3

[H]ard|Gawd
Graphics: 9.2/10 *4xaa / 16xaf all settings maxed*
Gameplay: 10/10
Replay Value: 9/10

Great game all around. I was concerned about there not being dedicated servers, but the p2p system actually works well. You have to think even on good dedicated servers you will experience lag sometimes any way. 9v9 seem about right. I didn't like the frag fest / noob 30 players servers though in the old multiplayer. It just wasn't right.

No Leaning! Not that big of a deal...you can't adjust for windage either, or tie down your gear with 550, but who cares! It doesn't take away from the game at all.

Story mode was way too short! What the heck? 5 hour single player = lamert. Minus 1 point. Multiplayer and Spec Ops mode more than makes up for this as far as replay value goes.

Buy this Game! Can't stress enough you are missing out. This game has saved pc gaming.

has anyone tried binding the lean keys based off the cod4 command in config_mp.cfg ?

I never used it so I hadn't even thought about trying...

Are you kidding, I started a boycott thread here that got locked! Just being serious, the game is absolutely great. It's nice not getting kicked for some stupid PB anomally as well.

"You have to think even on good dedicated servers you will experience lag sometimes any way"

Your logic is broken.

The thing is multiplayer doesn't feel laggy at all. I was expecting it to play like crap. Plays fine. I play on dedicated servers all the time with waw and cod4.

Maps are just awesome, far better than cod4.

Is this a joke?

Nope. Very fun game. Multiplayer is sick, I'm getting wrecked (although i managed a 12 kill streak in my 3rd game). My Steam ID is in my sig if anyone wants to throw down on some Spec Ops.

Turn on your lagometer in your config and you'll see all your lag in all its glory. Riddled with packet loss and massive spikes.

Turn on your lagometer in your config and you'll see all your lag in all its glory. Riddled with packet loss and massive spikes.

That's what I'll do, I'll just stare at some lagometer all day and whine about packet loss and massive spikes even though it goes unnoticed in actual gameplay. I think if you got a broadband connection you'll have fun.

I was a big critic of this game, but after playing it, it's just a fun and great game. No joke. It's worth $50 for sure. And while I hope dedicated servers will some how be allowed eventually, I don't really care for my purpose. I don't like playing on 30 man servers where noobs camp the other team's spawn all day any way.

The thing is multiplayer doesn't feel laggy at all. I was expecting it to play like crap. Plays fine. I play on dedicated servers all the time with waw and cod4.

Right because maps couldn't have been added to CoD4 :rolleyes: FOR FREE.

How many times...

Although that does give me a fun idea...
Gonna have to fire up the memory editor when I know I'm hosting lol

Yeah, declining PC sales will really help make them invest more money in it.

And how are you going to call someone a fucking moron for buying a game?

Great game all around. I was concerned about there not being dedicated servers, but the p2p system actually works well. You have to think even on good dedicated servers you will experience lag sometimes any way. 9v9 seem about right. I didn't like the frag fest / noob 30 players servers though in the old multiplayer. It just wasn't right.

No Leaning! Not that big of a deal...you can't adjust for windage either, or tie down your gear with 550, but who cares! It doesn't take away from the game at all.

Story mode was way too short! What the heck? 5 hour single player = lamert. Minus 1 point. Multiplayer and Spec Ops mode more than makes up for this as far as replay value goes.

Buy this Game! Can't stress enough you are missing out. This game has saved pc gaming.

OMG COULDNT AGRRE MORE

Graphics 10/10 better than crysis beause my computer can run it
Gameplay 10/10 same as cod4, instant win
replay value 10/10 game of the year all years

i think thwe amount of stuff they added was more than enough to take out stupid stuff like dedicated servers and lean, now anyone can run their own server from the comfort of their home without having to pay $200 a month for a dedicated one. infinitee ward has brought the console to the PC and saved us all from stupid games liek dragon age or counter-strike. god bless infinity ward and god bless america.

I've played 11 hours of MW2 multiplayer so far, played all the COD series, and the OP is right, you will miss a good, different game if you don't check it out. I'm starting to like the IWnet server (all things considered), the map sizes go nicely w/ the 18 player limit. Very few games had significant lag. It is what it is.

I somewhat got annoyed by the singleplayer, but oh well.

There is little lag in multiplay because:

a: you got a beast internet connection, so you are always host.
b: there is a very, tiny, and pathetically low player limit. Of course lag is going to be lesser...ish.

I've played 11 hours of MW2 multiplayer so far, played all the COD series, and the OP is right, you will miss a good, different game if you don't check it out. I'm starting to like the IWnet server (all things considered), the map sizes go nicely w/ the 18 player limit. Very few games had significant lag. It is what it is.

wat

It's the same as the last one.

Saved PC gaming? lol.

Don't mess w/ my posts/quotes please! But, I did put the word "different" in there intentionally..........and kndo you ow why? Because things/life/games changgggggggge!

It's the same game with more guns and features taken out.

Buy this Game! Can't stress enough you are missing out.

This game has saved pc gaming.

If this doesn't betray an obvious troll thread I don't know what does. It certainly is complete and instant self credibility destruction on the spot, though, regardless of anything else.

It's the same game with more guns and features taken out.

here is not the place to start that.

Let PS3's insane belief in peace, and start your own thread on this.

Personally, I hated how the campain was.
Either it was too hard, or too easy, depending on the mission. I'd either never die, or die over and over again, or no good reason.

Then, when I finally lived, one of the [curses]-ing main charactors would kill me!

Weren't we supposed to be developing bonds with these charactors, or did someone at IW get really sadistic one day?

The storyline made little sense, and has an opening for the next one in line.
Cause the main badguy was nowhere near defeated.
Instead, you go and kill your own CO (whom kills you / your team - depending on what part of the campain you are in).

So whoop-de-do.
A campain that has no replayability.

SpecOps mode, on the other hand, was decent.

Addon: I know PS3's OP was a bit of flamebait and troll, due to his lack of explaining himself. All he did was say it was 'good'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back