My SG33G5B Shoe Box

This is my first Shuttle computer, a SG33G5 and i gotta tell you i love it!

Currently my E6300 is OC'd to 3.0 stable with G.skill ram running at a stable 1075.
CPU idle temp is around 30 normally and 53-55 Orthos full load, 16 hour stable.
Video card is a EVGA 8800gts KO ACS edition.
Powersupply is stable too, quiet.

anyways here are the pics you wanna see!

100_0326-1.jpg

100_0330.jpg

This is after i got my card back from RMA and did the mod.

100_0362.jpg

100_0370.jpg

100_0371.jpg

Very nice. I assume thats a mod for that 8800 card? :)

As someone who for the most part, dislikes Shuttle's, I cannot deny how nice and clean your setup looks.It seems like that side mod for the 8800 is becoming a lot more popular too. Almost makes me want to have a side affair with a Shuttle..almost.:p

Also, what are your video card temps like? (If you're not sure how to check, look for a program called nVidia Monitor)

Ill reload Rive and ati tuner thursday to give solid numbers, untill then its time for sleep :)

Looks VERY nice...I'm seriously considering the SG33G5 and your pics are simply beautiful. Also...the eVGA KO mod is nice...i like the look of it more then the cuts for the rounded stock coolers and the black KO cooler blends right in.

Very top notch, probably enough to push me to get one. :cool:

It looks nice, but what happens when you want to upgrade your graphics card? Don't tell me you would need a whole new case...

No i dont think ill need a new case when i upgrade, Dworley upgraded his 8800gts to a GTX and didnt even need a bigger cut to fit it.

*Edit* I think i stock cooler 8800GTX looks to fit fine, however a 8800GTX KO ACS Cooler card probably wont.

No i dont think ill need a new case when i upgrade, Dworley upgraded his 8800gts to a GTX and didnt even need a bigger cut to fit it.

*Edit* I think i stock cooler 8800GTX looks to fit fine, however a 8800GTX KO ACS Cooler card probably wont.

Correct, the GTS and GTX coolers are different sizes...and it'd look kinda weird if you went up to a standard GTS...as the stock cooler doesn't have square edges that your side panel is cut for. Best bet would probably be a GTX KO so you can just extend the hole to the front of the case etc...

Very nice though, definitely inspiration enough to sway a Lian-Li enthusiast like myself towards the Shuttle build I've been considering for months. :D

I have had several dual slot video cards in my Shuttle's and I used the same modified case cover. NOTE: I did have to use an internal drive bay PSU with the 8800GTX

I built one of these same rigs recently as a wedding gift for my sister. I was surprised just how nice the little thing was.

Pics:

front.jpg

side-1.jpg

Specs:
E6400
2GB OCZ DDR2-667
160GB WD 7200rpm SATA HD

Didn't bother with video. She won't need anything more advanced than what's in there. It's a nifty enough little system that I was a bit jealous when I finished getting it together.

Very nice! I'd be paranoid about something snagging the fan on the card but looks great! :)

Very nice! I'd be paranoid about something snagging the fan on the card but looks great! :)

It looks like it sits free of anything near. I guess dust would be the biggest problem but a can of air blasting once a week should solve that. I'm not into Shuttles myself but its a slick looking modded Shuttle. :)

Ive been running this mod for well over a month and there isnt much dust build up yet, I should mention i keep my apartment clean and i dont own animals which helps.

I modded the case myself, Using my eye for measurements and a dremel tool. The black molding around the cut i puchased at a local Walmart in the automotive section, They had white,black,chrome and was around $3. The strips have a self-adhesive inside but the edge is too small for it to attach too, so if you pull them they will slide off, Ive not had a problem with them comming off.

I picked that position on my desk so i could keep the Gfx card clear, Ive not had a problem with anything getting caught in the fan, I am also mindfull of not putting anything dangerous near it or having drinks that could spill beside it. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure so they say.

The shuttle has ran great, the psu is fine, Im happy.

Even after building my SG03, I still want a Shuttle. I think this is going to be my next purchase.

What was the max FSB you were able to set the mobo to?

What is the max voltage for ram?

Back