My TF2 Free Weekend experience

patently false

really?

Theres this one guy I play on alot of the same servers with, hes 13 and he loves to hit his mic button. I muted him once. And I ended up killing him some time later in a different server and recognizing his name. When I went to mute some other player, I found that he had already been muted (even though for that server I had never muted him).

But, maybe I'm mistaken and steam finally got sick of the kids mic so forced him to stafoo. Maybe the server had him muted. But I'm sure I never muted him on that server and there he was, on the players list with a little mute sign beside him.

Is/was racism a huge problem?

It may be on some servers, but many servers kick/ban people for racist comments or swearing. Some servers are very strict about it, and well monitored. Read the servers rules when they pop up b4 entering the match. I seldom read what people type and seldom hear any racist talk over voice in the servers I tend to play on.

Is/was racism a huge problem?
I personally like a clean server. I have kids around that I need to hear (yes, even at night when the wife is asleep, kiddy nightmares do happen) so I can't always wear headphones so having racist stuff/major profanity spewing out of my speakers sucks. The game can't really be played right without a mic so muting in game chat isn't really an option either.

Try The Q Clan servers. They are highly competitive and kept clean of any racisim and general asshattery. Check the custom server tab as they run 32 player servers.

Bahah, they banned me on every server of theirs because I called them out... on a forum...

Their servers will always list a minimum of 27 players, even if there's only 3 in there... if it goes above 27 players, it shows legitimate numbers..

That and the ping numbers are faked... both are intended to get players in there (lots of players, low ping! Wooo)

They are not highly competitive... It's a pub server with plenty of asshattery... Anyone can join the [Q] clan pending you "donate" to "upkeep" their "servers"... Back when the heavy exploit was still rampant I found [Q] clan members running around the server doing it, I taught my team how to do it and we did it right back to them... Everyone on our team got kicked... :eek:

I join whatever servers I can find... meh..

Bahah, they banned me on every server of theirs because I called them out... on a forum...

Their servers will always list a minimum of 27 players, even if there's only 3 in there... if it goes above 27 players, it shows legitimate numbers..

That and the ping numbers are faked... both are intended to get players in there (lots of players, low ping! Wooo)

They are not highly competitive... It's a pub server with plenty of asshattery... Anyone can join the [Q] clan pending you "donate" to "upkeep" their "servers"... Back when the heavy exploit was still rampant I found [Q] clan members running around the server doing it, I taught my team how to do it and we did it right back to them... Everyone on our team got kicked... :eek:

lol thats a funny story

Gee, it looks like someone really resents the fact they can't play on Q servers anymore. What was your user name? I would really like to go look at the ban thread.

Op: this is why I always play with voice turned off.. some say that hurts the team but my answer is that I only play pubs and for the pure fun of it, i could care less about clan matches or serious competitive gameplay.. im there to lob a nade in someones face or backstab someone when they least expect it, i dont want to hear anyones mouth, because for me, that ruins the game just like it did for you.. voice chat is a major annoyance in not only tf2 but many other games including consoles like the 360.. so dont for a second blame tf2 for having an annoying community, this type of thing happens everywhere there is voice chat...

The TF2 community is great. In CS and CSS everyone's an asshole. I'm not just generalizing, I'm not making stuff up, it's just true. Anyone who's ever played CS or CSS knows that every single server is full of assholes who bitch/moan and get mad at the game.

I've never had that problem in TF2 and I've played it since the pre-order on many, many servers.

Your problem lies with people like you. ie, new people who played it for the free week-end. Also, the medic achievements were released days before, so everyone was trying to unlock the new weapons instead of playing normally. Your timing was just bad.

I know the community is good because you can actually go on a public server with 16 people in a small box (achievementbox + alltalk), talk to them and organize things properly so that everyone gets some harder achievements (like killing 5 people with one uber on a soldier, killing 5 people on a control point while ubered and so on). You just can't do that in other games. Try it, see if you can get 5-10 people to help you when you need it without being your friends or clan mates.

I had a great experience during the free weekend. The occasional 13-year-old chiming in on his mic, but nothing I couldn't mute. :D

During one 2Fort game, a few people were talking and devising a plan to get the intel. They were really getting into it. I think the cartoon-esque graphics helps keep people civilized, although some are still obsessed with "owning" you.

Op: this is why I always play with voice turned off.. some say that hurts the team but my answer is that I only play pubs and for the pure fun of it, i could care less about clan matches or serious competitive gameplay.. im there to lob a nade in someones face or backstab someone when they least expect it, i dont want to hear anyones mouth, because for me, that ruins the game just like it did for you.. voice chat is a major annoyance in not only tf2 but many other games including consoles like the 360.. so dont for a second blame tf2 for having an annoying community, this type of thing happens everywhere there is voice chat...

QFT, thats why i play to, to have fun

My oramge box order from amazon will be here tomorrow...time to get back at it

The hitbox complaining is retarded
There is NO problem with the hitboxs in TF2. I've played sniper quite a bit.

I have over 14000 kills with the sniper. No problem with hitboxes here. I only tend to miss their head when I get a little eager and shoot it off early. And no, that is not a reference to my prowess in the bedroom.

really?

Theres this one guy I play on alot of the same servers with, hes 13 and he loves to hit his mic button. I muted him once. And I ended up killing him some time later in a different server and recognizing his name. When I went to mute some other player, I found that he had already been muted (even though for that server I had never muted him).

But, maybe I'm mistaken and steam finally got sick of the kids mic so forced him to stafoo. Maybe the server had him muted. But I'm sure I never muted him on that server and there he was, on the players list with a little mute sign beside him.

I usually end up having to mute the same damn players over and over again. Maybe theres a config setting somewhere to remember muting, but I haven't found it.

Back