My Updated TJ09 with Pics

Darkatom

[H]ard|Gawd
Here are some pics of my TJ09 in its current state, it should be fully operational tomorrow. I'm just waiting on some reducers for my PA120.3 to come in. Then I can begin connecting the tubing, etc. Below is a list of parts for those curious and some pics for your enjoyment.

Silverstone TJ09 BW
SilverStone 850 Watt Zeus
eVga 680i A1
Intel Q6600
2GB DDR2 800 Gskill HZ w/ dominator fan
eVga 8800 Ultra KO
X-FI Fatal1ty FPS 7.1
1- 150GB Raptor & 1- 320GB WD
Thermalright HR05 IFX for NorthBridge with 80x15mm low speed Delta fan (29cfm @ 30dba)
Evercool VGA cooler for SouthBridge
D TeK Fuzion Block with Swiftech Back Plate
Tygon 7/16" Tubing
Swiftech MCP 655 Pump
Thermoochill PA120.3 ( with 3/8" male to 1/4" female Brass reducers & 1/2" D TeK Fittings)
Whole lot of Yates :p

Picture038-1.jpg

Picture040.jpg

Picture046.jpg

Picture050.jpg

Another Project :D
Picture051.jpg

Picture052.jpg

Picture058.jpg

Picture054.jpg

Comments welcome.

Looks fantastic bro, but one little thing would bother me if it was mine. The angle of the NB cooler. The fan airflow looks like it's pointing towards the video card. If there's just no way to position it another way, like a riser etc, then maybe turn the fan to blow the other way.

May not be much heat, but I wouldn't want ANY additional heat sources pointing towards my video card. In my 'case' the air flow would take it right out if it was pointed upwards, and since you got a WC'd processor it won't affect it at all.

Super nice setup!!

Ive tried various postions, placing it exactly vertical wont work as it hits the block and mounting it pointing straight up wont allow me to feed it much fresh air. I came to this final postion as there will be a 120mm yate above blowing air in and the exhaust fan is low and powerful enough to catch some exhausted air from the NB.

I got rid of the 680i and replaced it with a maximus formula. Sadly those thermalright coolers never were put to use.
Picture279.jpg

Picture003-1.jpg

Picture005.jpg

You should get some adapters so you can water cool the northbridge.:)
also very nice rig you got there

Hi mate, do you have any more pictures of that PA120.3 mounted in the top of the case?

I'm contemplating trying exactly the same thing however I've never done any case modding before so I'm interested to hear how difficult it was...

What sort of performance hit has the radiator taken due to the mesh only being roughly 240mm?

I assume you've mounted the radiator to some sort of bracket (pics?) below the mesh and then mounted the fans to the underside of the radiator so that the fans are exhausting case air out through the radiator (i.e. pushing), is that correct?

Also how much does the radiator affect the motherboard I imagine it would hang down over it, though I haven't measured it?

And one last question, did you have to cut the reinforrcement braket on the motherboard tray near the grab handle to fit the radiator in?

Sorry for all the questions but this is my first time watercooling and I don't want to screw this up if I have a crack at it.

I dont know if you noticed but the rad is sitting above the case (roughly 2in) not insde of it. By doing this I avoided any performce loss with minial modding of my TJ09.

Picture019.jpg

Yeah only just noticed that in the second set of pics :p:eek:

I'm thinking about mounting the radiator in one of those Swiftech Rad Boxes, but its still a theoretical exercise at the moment.

Back