My Video Card Needs Physical Support

Carlosinfl

Loves the juice
I've picked up a Gigabyte Radeon R9 280x video card. I seated the card as best as possible in my Corsair Oblivion 750D case however the card is very large and the card tends to have a significant sag downward from the weight of everything. I've tried to evenly tighten the rear support screws but sadly the problem is the opposite end where the card is wired for power. There appears to be just too much weight and not enough support. Are there any options with zip ties or after market braces I can look at to keep my new video card secure and not saggy?

Thats really weird, I've had many WF3 cards and none of them sagged like that. Could always do the old spray-painted black pencil cut to the right size to hold it up from the bottom trick.

My googling lead me to a guy using dental floss, and another using pvc tubing or anything rigid that's small that holds it up from the bottom. Some cases come with video card support brackets apparently too. I have never gotten one.

OK well looks like I just have a wimpy GPU and I will fabricate something out of my head.

I'd use those cable ties rather than your head, you might need to go somewhere :p
Unfortunate though, a bit of plastic coated wire can be used to alleviate the bend.

Back