My Visiontek 4870's

Grimspoon

Limp Gawd
Just a quick question, is it odd that my Visiontek 4870's came without any sticker on the cooler cage?

Aside from the outer box, there's nothing to indicate what brand my 4870 even is.

You could try calling Visiontek and ask them if they would send you a stick for your cooker cage :).

dont they have a sticker label behind the card stating the card info

Mine came like that too, its Visiontek also, mine just says ATI Radeon in red and black stripes , no big deal.

The only stickers on my HIS cards is a little HIS on the middle of the fan thats spinning when the card is going so you cant tell what it is anyway.

I don't think anyone got the decal with the alien eyes on it.
Most people are getting the stock black "ATI" sticker or no sticker at all (From VisionTek specifically).

I'd be pissed if I got the Mass Effect sticker:
http://www.bjorn3d.com/read.php?cID=1303

Doesn't really matter, I always ripoff the decals anyway.

Just a quick question, is it odd that my Visiontek 4870's came without any sticker on the cooker cage?

Aside from the outer box, there's nothing to indicate what brand my 4870 even is.

I've heard from a couple people they are coming like that now. Mine will be here tomorrow, will post back.

Yeah, I think that this must be a case of low amounts of stickers / labels being available for the the early buyers.

I pre-ordered mine from NCIX, and wasn't quick enough to get in on the first batch, but got mine from their second shipment.

Just so long as it doesn't affect warranty, I'm alright with it.

I'd call that a result... my power color ones had the big daft sticker slapped on like someone didn't have their glasses on! Hanging over the edge and all twisted.... slackers.

LOL, I didn't even notice that. Cooler cage is what I meant - however, cooker-cage might be more appropriate for the 4870 - at least without that profile mod to increase fan speed.

i have a pair of Visiontek 4870s on the way to my place, should be here friday at the earliest, ill report back once they get here on if they came with or without decals.

Got my visiontek 4870 today, and no sticker. I like the fact I can see the heatsink, and pipes threw the cover. /thumbsup

Looks like Newegg got a fresh shipment of 4870s, which I guess would include VIsionteks since they now have FS(though Visionteks were in stock before). Maybe those have the sticker.

Got mine today, simple ATi/Radeon branding, which I actually prefer long term.

A bit off topic but I removed the huge sticker off my Sapphire. It was a messy job, and you need a good finger nail to get it done. Then I used nail polish remover to remove all the stickyness the sticker left behind.

I wish mine didn't come with a sticker like yours.

I also removed my ASUS's sticker... It was a solid white design with some asian girl on it.
Yes I also had a sticky residue left behind. Cleaned most of it off with my fingernail, the rest, meh...

I also removed my ASUS's sticker... It was a solid white design with some asian girl on it.
Yes I also had a sticky residue left behind. Cleaned most of it off with my fingernail, the rest, meh...

lol, haha, man I was cracking up when I read this, because I did the same thing yesterday, I think the stock desing looks the best, it has this classic yet flashy look to it. I was doing the same thing with my fingernails, but I found a solution to take the sticky part off entirely, do you have axe body spray laying around, lol, I just sprayed that on there and scraped it with paper towel, ofcourse I made sure it didn't get on the card, it worked like a charm, those chemicals in there are strong, they even erase permanent marker lol.

Are you sure those aren't your sticky stuff left behind when you saw some asian girl on it?:D

My Visiontek had no sticker, just ATI Radeon branding on the shroud, which I was happy about. I was going to make a comment in another thread about cheesy stickers, but figured I would get hammered.

Seems like I'm safe in this thread...

This was a 4870 with a Sapphire sticker on it. You could never tell it was Sapphire. Not using the cooler. I just decided to remove the sticker lol. So it is possible to remove it perfectly for those who like ATI's reference design.

Edit: Whoa I just noticed that you can see the reflection of the alcohol bottle on the cooler.

4870nosticker779.jpg

alright, forget what i said earlier, i unboxed one card and there was no sticker, and i unboxed the other and it looks exactly like the picture TheSynth posted, both of the cards were Visiontek and they were ordered from the exact time at ncix.com

Back