Myrebates411.com A Scam!!!!

Juggafat

Gawd
Anyone have any experiences with processing rebates through myrebates411.com?

I purchased a Sapphire 4850 and Sapphire uses that company has a third party clearing house and their service is just atrocious. My rebate was denied because I didn't write "Newegg.com" on the back side of the envelope. First of all yeah I know that's my fault but how ridiculous is it to require that? It's like they're adding extra steps in order to complicate the process in hopes that the person applying for the rebate will screw up. Worst of all they won't let me resubmit it!

ARRRRGH!! :mad:

Well I guess they need to know where that rebate came from.. lol.
Did you not give them a receipt?

ALL mail in rebates are a scam. If the company was geniune about the discount then they'd just DISCOUNT IT! They are expecting to deny most of them for BS reason so they don't have to pay the rebate. Otherwise they wouldn't take on the overhead expense to do it.

ALL mail in rebates are a scam. If the company was geniune about the discount then they'd just DISCOUNT IT! They are expecting to deny most of them for BS reason so they don't have to pay the rebate. Otherwise they wouldn't take on the overhead expense to do it.
wrong... it's an advertising shill. They bait people in with a low after rebate price, in hopes that most people won't fill in the rebate correctly or forget about it. They're not trying to offer the lowest prices. They just want to sell product.

I wouldn't say all of them are a scam. OCZ processes rebates EXTREMELY quickly...I emails saying they received them within 2 weeks and got my money in around month. Corsair is also very good...they emailed me within a week but I have yet to receive my money.

It's just silly cause my packing slip says newegg and the rebate form says newegg...so they should be able to tell where it came from. Also the fact that they don't let you resubmit is pretty stupid.

Now I know rebates are set up for the buyer to either forget or screw up but most of them are pretty straight forward...like it would take an idiot to screw up something like forgetting to include a UPC label.

http://images10.newegg.com/uploadfilesfornewegg/rebate/SH/Sapphire2MIRsOct21Oct2308ll97us.pdf

Yep they got yaa...

Must write Newegg.com, (the Promo code from the rebate form),
and the MyRebates411 website Transaction ID on the Back of
the envelope.

And I'm assuming you signed it...

I also understand that re-sub miss ion of this Rebate request will not be processed

It's evil, but at least it was only $20.
Now if you wrote the promo code & transaction id on the back, but not newegg.com it may be possible for you to fight it. Did ya?

You are terribly wrong..I've sent in numerous rebates over the years and have had not one issue with any of them..

You are terribly wrong..I've sent in numerous rebates over the years and have had not one issue with any of them..

Agreed. I have done 2 and not had an issue yet. OP needs to learn to follow directions.

I agree 100% with the OP!! Rebates are a consumer rip off!! The best you can do is write the Egg and Sapphire and bitch...but it wont do you any good cause they don't give a shit about you and your $20!!! I got denied because I sent 2 different rebates for the same item! Even though I had 2 different receipts with 2 different upc and both items purchased on different days and the rebates were totally different promo codes!! I hate rebates and all who support them (pretty harsh huh?) :)And a pox on those Richard Heads who say "just learn how to follow instructions"

Yeah once I bought two products from the same company so I decided to save on postage by including both in the same envelope....what happened? both denied.

Yeah once I bought two products from the same company so I decided to save on postage by including both in the same envelope....what happened? both denied.

ya, and basically every rebate says to include one submission per envelope :rolleyes: your fault completely

I have completed around 30 rebates in my life and have received every one. The closest I got to a denial was a postcard from Kingston saying that I forgot to include either my receipt or upc. I called the 800 number on it and told the guy that I had copies and what address to send it to, he said he could take care of it without me even having to send the copy in.

I love these threads. "Hey guys, one time I sent in a rebate, and all I did was exactly the opposite of what the instructions said, and guess what, THEY SCREWED ME! What a scam."

i never knew there were so much "bad intentions" behind these rebates such as "hoping people to forget about it" or just "send it wrong". I always thought rebates were more like a way for the company to borrow money from the consumers because it usually takes a month or two for them to give you the money back, and during these 2 months they could have invested the money else where.

If you can't follow simple instructions, you don't deserve your rebate. Simple as that.

I disagree, the name alone sounds like a scam:
Myrebates411.com

And if there is a problem with a rebate, once they know the truth/have the proof, they should honor it.
Scammers.

Sorry. If someone is too stupid to read the directions -- you should not be entitled to that money. Hell, they should fly over, kick you in the junk, take your computer and drop off the rebate denied check.

Take some responsibility. It's YOUR fault. Not theirs. They can make their rebate process as convoluted as they want to. If you can't get your head around some simple instructions, go for something without a rebate involved.

Sorry. If someone is too stupid to read the directions -- you should not be entitled to that money. Hell, they should fly over, kick you in the junk, take your computer and drop off the rebate denied check.

Take some responsibility. It's YOUR fault. Not theirs. They can make their rebate process as convoluted as they want to. If you can't get your head around some simple instructions, go for something without a rebate involved.

One day someone will walk all over you because you didnt read the fine print or understand it fully or they decided to make it interpretable in multiple ways or....
I bet you wont think its your fault when that happens :)

One day someone will walk all over you because you didnt read the fine print or understand it fully or they decided to make it interpretable in multiple ways or....
he does have a point though...

I read the fine print just fine. And when it's too much, I have a lawyer I bring documents to so he can put it into plain English.

"Fine print" and "Plain as day instructions" are two different things entirely.

I read the fine print just fine. And when it's too much, I have a lawyer I bring documents to so he can put it into plain English.

"Fine print" and "Plain as day instructions" are two different things entirely.

I see, so what you are saying is that you may need a lawyer to extract a rebate from such a company.
Would you go as far as to say that any company requiring such tactics to get from them what should be due to you are employing dodgy methods?

I see, so what you are saying is that you may need a lawyer to extract a rebate from such a company.
Would you go as far as to say that any company requiring such tactics to get from them what should be due to you are employing dodgy methods?

No. You made a BROAD statement, that someone, someday, somehow -- will walk all over me for not reading fine print. I don't consider not getting a rebate, walking all over me -- so I applied the statement to something I would consider as such.

And if you need a lawyer to follow the steps to get a rebate back. I'm sorry. You have bigger issues. You are not DUE anything if you can't follow the steps. The fact that he needed to write those things on the envelope was Step 2, out of THREE WHOLE STEPS. They even underlined ON THE BACK. What else do you want? There is no fine print. Everything is there, clear as day.

No. You made a BROAD statement, that someone, someday, somehow -- will walk all over me for not reading fine print. I don't consider not getting a rebate, walking all over me -- so I applied the statement to something I would consider as such.

And if you need a lawyer to follow the steps to get a rebate back. I'm sorry. You have bigger issues. You are not DUE anything if you can't follow the steps. The fact that he needed to write those things on the envelope was Step 2, out of THREE WHOLE STEPS. They even underlined ON THE BACK. What else do you want? There is no fine print. Everything is there, clear as day.

Are you sure its economically viable to use a lawyer for a low $ rebate?
Wouldnt it be ironic if you were caught out, without restitution by a similar scam because a lawyer isnt worth the cost :)
Thats the boat everyone is in with similar rebate scams and why there is need for this discussion.
If the cost of a lawyer is not of significance for you then lucky you, but this thread isnt about you.

It is unnecessary for legitimate claims to be turned down flat just because more information is needed.
What is wrong with this rebate company looking at failed claims to see if they are legitimate?

It's their money so they're entitled to it. Looking at your responses you'll probably go on and say "NOEZ, it's the company's money" and blah blah blah. When a company decides to make people jump over so many loops and holes in hopes that a customer screws up at a point (what else is the point of all those loops), there's something wrong with that. You come off as extremely bitter and conceited with your first statement - I'm sure you wouldn't mind someone doing that to you if you screw up, unless you're gonna argue you're perfect roflihavelawyerlololol.

Are you sure its economically viable to use a lawyer for a low $ rebate?
Wouldnt it be ironic if you were caught out, without restitution by a similar scam because a lawyer isnt worth the cost :)
Thats the boat everyone is in with similar rebate scams and why there is need for this discussion.
If the cost of a lawyer is not of significance for you then lucky you, but this thread isnt about you.

It is unnecessary for legitimate claims to be turned down flat just because more information is needed.
What is wrong with this rebate company looking at failed claims to see if they are legitimate?

Can you fucking read? Honestly. Apparently you're having a tough time reading threads as well as rebate forms.

It's their money so they're entitled to it. Looking at your responses you'll probably go on and say "NOEZ, it's the company's money" and blah blah blah. When a company decides to make people jump over so many loops and holes in hopes that a customer screws up at a point (what else is the point of all those loops), there's something wrong with that. You come off as extremely bitter and conceited with your first statement - I'm sure you wouldn't mind someone doing that to you if you screw up, unless you're gonna argue you're perfect roflihavelawyerlololol.

I don't screw up when it comes to legalities. If I can't understand the jargon myself, I hire someone that can.

The simple fact is, he read the rebate requirements and agreed that he could follow those requirements in order to get his rebate. He obviously FAILED to fulfill the rebate requirements.

The requirements could have been to set his pants on fire while singing the Oscar Meyer song. It's irrelevant. He agreed to meet the requirements and failed to provide said requirements, and thus is not entitled to the funds.

And I am bitter. I'm bitter at all this entitlement, hold my hand, "it's not my fault" bullshit that is rampant today. If you can't figure it out, pay 10 more bucks and get one without a rebate.

lol answer the questions, you clearly didnt read the OP.
I'm on topic :)

Nenu said:
I bet you wont think its your fault when that happens

Who exactly is going to walk all over me then? If you were referring to a rebate company, I don't consider getting "walked all over" by the lack of a $20 rebate.

You started spewing bullshit about fine print? Only fine print of consequence I see is on legal documents. When I receive legal documents that I can't chew through, I hire someone who can.

I'm sorry I didn't explain that in 1st grade terms earlier in my posts. I figured you would understand, and clearly I made a mistake in that over-estimation.

man that really sucks. most of my rebates are fairly quick. the only thing that bugs me is how long they take. im very very particulgar about reading the rebate carefully and making sure I follow every requirement. I have yet to not get a rebate back. and I've done dozens.

I look at rebates as a way for me to charge people the same amount that I pay for parts but still be able to make a few dollars. If it isn t a brand I would normally buy, the rebate doesn t matter, I wont consider it for a build. To the OP, read moar better.

Who exactly is going to walk all over me then? If you were referring to a rebate company, I don't consider getting "walked all over" by the lack of a $20 rebate.

You started spewing bullshit about fine print? Only fine print of consequence I see is on legal documents. When I receive legal documents that I can't chew through, I hire someone who can.

I'm sorry I didn't explain that in 1st grade terms earlier in my posts. I figured you would understand, and clearly I made a mistake in that over-estimation.

Try using your own comprehension skills seeing as you claim yours are superior.
I was making the point that it would be funny if you were stiffed for not reading every last nuance of the small print at some time in the future.
Hint, a future event that hasnt transpired.
I love irony :)
Having an elitist attitude about your ability to handle rebate claims is not the point of this thread.

When posting off topic and/or flame bait comments that are not related to the OPs needs you should expect some comeback.

Back on topic:
Here is the OPs original post
I purchased a Sapphire 4850 and Sapphire uses that company has a third party clearing house and their service is just atrocious. My rebate was denied because I didn't write "Newegg.com" on the back side of the envelope. First of all yeah I know that's my fault but how ridiculous is it to require that? It's like they're adding extra steps in order to complicate the process in hopes that the person applying for the rebate will screw up. Worst of all they won't let me resubmit it!

So what is wrong with rebate companies properly assessing rebate claims to see if they are legit?
Why does a claim that is missing required information have to be failed immediately?

I've sent in plenty of rebates as well, and gotten all but one back in a timely fashion. I take my time, make sure all the requirements are met, and make sure I put enough postage on the envelope. I also take a picture of the required components of the rebate before they go into the envelope.

The one time my submission was rejected, I sent in a picture of the rebate prior to being sent and they ended up sending me my rebate.

The reason rebates are failed immediately if they do not have all the information is time and money. It is extra effort and time for that company to figure out what is missing, contact the person who sent in the rebate on an individual basis, and then develop a system to allow and match missing rebate pieces with existing rebate submissions that were missing said pieces. If they start sending back rebate forms, that's extra cost on their end as well.

They laid out clear and concise terms on getting your rebate back. You admit you didn't follow the requirements. I fail to see the issue.

I don't screw up when it comes to legalities. If I can't understand the jargon myself, I hire someone that can.

The simple fact is, he read the rebate requirements and agreed that he could follow those requirements in order to get his rebate. He obviously FAILED to fulfill the rebate requirements.

The requirements could have been to set his pants on fire while singing the Oscar Meyer song. It's irrelevant. He agreed to meet the requirements and failed to provide said requirements, and thus is not entitled to the funds.

And I am bitter. I'm bitter at all this entitlement, hold my hand, "it's not my fault" bullshit that is rampant today. If you can't figure it out, pay 10 more bucks and get one without a rebate.

I agree with this.

MIR's are not a "scam" but most are designed with the purpose to be an incredible inconvenience to anyone wanting to use them. Alot of companies may do a great job at honoring them but thier still relying on many people not bothering otherwise they would discount the item right off the bat.

Its up to the consumer to carefully read the terms BEFORE purchasing the item and deciding for themselves whether the savings is worth the hassle.

The main problem is that good companies sometimes hire poor agents to handle their rebates.

This instance was just plain stupid, needing to write all that shit on the envelope.
I think I understand it, it routes the rebate to the correct department; but at the same time it places a very picky restriction on the submission.

I must admit, I've been lucky. I have had excellent service from Corsair,ASUS,CoolerMaster,BFG and EVGA.

AT&T on the other hand fucked me on a cell phone rebate, because I didn't circle the date on the receipt............WTF??

Call Sapphire and Newegg.

myrebates411.com is a scam not because of the requirements and long wait times, its the fact that they don't send some rebate checks. infact i sent a rebate for a 4850 and even registered on the site. guess what i can't log in now and they say they have no record :rolleyes:

I've sent in plenty of rebates as well, and gotten all but one back in a timely fashion. I take my time, make sure all the requirements are met, and make sure I put enough postage on the envelope. I also take a picture of the required components of the rebate before they go into the envelope.

The one time my submission was rejected, I sent in a picture of the rebate prior to being sent and they ended up sending me my rebate.

The reason rebates are failed immediately if they do not have all the information is time and money. It is extra effort and time for that company to figure out what is missing, contact the person who sent in the rebate on an individual basis, and then develop a system to allow and match missing rebate pieces with existing rebate submissions that were missing said pieces. If they start sending back rebate forms, that's extra cost on their end as well.

They laid out clear and concise terms on getting your rebate back. You admit you didn't follow the requirements. I fail to see the issue.

You are clear then that rebate companies should handle problems with the rebate by making sure they are legit and thus making sure legit claims are processed.
After all you would be in the same boat if that one company didnt help you get the rebate.

So again, what is wrong with myrebates411.com helping put the rebate through instead of refusing it?
Surely the process should involve legitimising good claims not blankly refusing them.
Do you imagine that they were recruited to do something different?

Back