MySpace Launching New Version of Website

HardOCP News

[H] News
MySpace has launched a new version of the site in an attempt to get people to come back / use the site again.

"Most investors have written off MySpace now," said Richard Greenfield, an analyst at BTIG said on Tuesday. Whether MySpace can rebuild its buzz in the highly competitive and fast-changing Web market is an open question, he said. News Corp bought MySpace in 2005 for $580 million, at a time when the social networking service was at the height of its popularity.

Goodbye myspace, your shitty page layouts, glitter graphics, and autoplay music will not be missed.

What? That autoplay was awesome; especially while at work and I'd forgotten to mute the sound on my computer...

The new layout looks nice, however trying to preform CPR on corpse just gives you a corpse full of air.

Viruses Trojans and Autoplay Oh My!
Feck Myspace! The glam Myspace comments people could leave messed it up for everyone. Too little way way too late.

What, what, what right there. People still us myspace? I am not interweb anti-social butterfly, but I thought people would have moved on by now. Maybe, I am getting old at 28.:rolleyes:

I will admit that myspace got me laid more than once.

it was really good for that for a while. It will always hold a place in my pants.

Whoop-dee-doo.

I'd delete my MySpace account, except the missus told me no, so she can be friends on MS.

I think gangstaz and PhD's in Thuganomics still use MySpace, but other than that...

I will admit that myspace got me laid more than once.

it was really good for that for a while. It will always hold a place in my pants.

huh. I'd forgotten about that. Yeah myspace has assisted me in that respect a couple times...and sent me in a horribly horribly wrong direction at other times.

The interesting thing is, Myspace was never good. It was simply the only option for decently featured twitter. The reason it's dead now is because of all the better alternatives.

myspace was bought for $580 million ?
well, i hope people learn a lesson from that and think 3x before plunking down cash to buy Facebook.

these social networking sites have short lifespans at best

myspace was bought for $580 million ?
well, i hope people learn a lesson from that and think 3x before plunking down cash to buy Facebook.

these social networking sites have short lifespans at best

There have only really been what 3? Ever? An entire generation of kids are growing up on facebook. I read that it has more or less replaced email for a lot of people. It's integrated into people lives in ways that the other networks just never were. Personally I don't see people migrating to another service en masse anytime soon.

Personally I don't see people migrating to another service en masse anytime soon.

Eventually people are going to get tired of the real life anonymity that Facebook lacks and move on to something else.

You stupid people with your lack of foresight.

In two years we're gonna be here saying the exact same thing about Facebook!

So, who wants to build the next 'Idiot Expression Device' with me? I say we call it - "ThoughtSlate"

I always thought myspace was better than facebook. And I despise facebook. Then again i've never had a personal account on myspace...

Can't we end this social networking crap already. I'd start a club, but that would be counter productive. I'll start a twitter, then noone will read it.

My apologies Nostradamus. A thousand pardons for not being able to see the future on the same level as you. Please direct yourself to the nearest bowl of dicks and eat it. Thank you.

My apologies Nostradamus. A thousand pardons for not being able to see the future on the same level as you. Please direct yourself to the nearest bowl of dicks and eat it. Thank you.

I love how the internet allows anyone to express the most furious anger at the most unwarranted, irrelevant thing, thus protecting AND nurturing a deep-rooted inferiority complex.

I take full credit for the defensive instinct that caused the impractical growth in your vocabulary and the subsequent ability to use it to appear far more intelligent than you actually are.

Oh, and.. Nostradamus foresees a flying bowl of penises in your vicinity very soon. Thank you.

I love how the internet allows anyone to express the most furious anger at the most unwarranted, irrelevant thing, thus protecting AND nurturing a deep-rooted inferiority complex.

I take full credit for the defensive instinct that caused the impractical growth in your vocabulary and the subsequent ability to use it to appear far more intelligent than you actually are.

Oh, and.. Nostradamus foresees a flying bowl of penises in your vicinity very soon. Thank you.

Really guy? You waltz in here and immediately state that anyone who disagrees with your opinion is an idiot. Then you go onto say that FB will be done in two years and offer nothing as to why you think that might be. Not everything is a flash in the pan wonder. It's not 1992 anymore. As for you pseudo psychology what you're doing is called projecting kiddo. You're the one who started talking shit Mr. deep-rooted inferiority complex.

IMO myspace was doomed from the start by letting users run java, flash, and html direct on there page. I think they got to big too fast and it killed them.

Facebook always seemed like the older people age 20+ but thats all changed now.

Twitter is fail imo, im so sick of hearing about it. OMG this celeb tweeted so and so hooked up OMG! get the fack outa here with that garbage.

Really guy? You waltz in here and immediately state that anyone who disagrees with your opinion is an idiot. Then you go onto say that FB will be done in two years and offer nothing as to why you think that might be. Not everything is a flash in the pan wonder. It's not 1992 anymore. As for you pseudo psychology what you're doing is called projecting kiddo. You're the one who started talking shit Mr. deep-rooted inferiority complex.

I find this amazing. You ever display the impetuous writing nature that causes your grammar to suffer, mostly in the form of missed comas. It's like seeing a mold in action.

But this.. this just takes the cake.. the uncanny hypocrisy of declaring others as what you sub-consciously fear yourself to be.. as in 'projecting', done about.. Projecting!
No yes, with my calm, rational tone, I clearly display classic signs of an inferiority complex.
And notice how any critical thought is immediately dubbed as "pseudo-Psychology".

And, of course, no witless post is complete without a completely nonsensical phrase:
"Then you go onto claim something without immediately offering a scientific letter to explain every point!"
It's like he thinks that every claim on the internet is going to be fully explained.. as if he doesn't understand how a situation that negates this could exist.
Here is my reply - Then you call me 'guy'? Without offering anything as to why you think I am of male persuasion? Not everyone on the interwebs has a bucket of penises!

Lastly.. Waltz? Oh, how pathetic to feel better about yourself for being able to come up with a word not directly consistent with the conversation.
Ballet. Ballroom. Tango. Step. Why can't I tap into this powah?!

I find this amazing. You ever display the impetuous writing nature that causes your grammar to suffer, mostly in the form of missed comas. It's like seeing a mold in action.

But this.. this just takes the cake.. the uncanny hypocrisy of declaring others as what you sub-consciously fear yourself to be.. as in 'projecting', done about.. Projecting!
No yes, with my calm, rational tone, I clearly display classic signs of an inferiority complex.
And notice how any critical thought is immediately dubbed as "pseudo-Psychology".

And, of course, no witless post is complete without a completely nonsensical phrase:
"Then you go onto claim something without immediately offering a scientific letter to explain every point!"
It's like he thinks that every claim on the internet is going to be fully explained.. as if he doesn't understand how a situation that negates this could exist.
Here is my reply - Then you call me 'guy'? Without offering anything as to why you think I am of male persuasion? Not everyone on the interwebs has a bucket of penises!

Lastly.. Waltz? Oh, how pathetic to feel better about yourself for being able to come up with a word not directly consistent with the conversation.
Ballet. Ballroom. Tango. Step. Why can't I tap into this powah?!

lol Really guy? Doing the grammar thing now? I find my grammar to be perfectly adequate for forum use thanks. Missing comas and all. After all you can't expect everything to be a scientific letter now can you? I mean am I right or am I right?

As for the hypocrisy, yes, that's the joke. The whooshing sound you may have heard was it flying clean over your head. Do try and keep up will you?

And sorry but "Then you go onto say that FB will be done in two years and offer nothing as to why you think that might be." is perfectly sensible. If you have difficulty understanding allow me to break it down for you. You see forums, such as this one, are a places where people come together to have discussions. Spouting blanket statements with nothing to substantiate them is not conducive to a healthy or interesting discussion. Let's take a look at your post shall we?

In two years we're gonna be here saying the exact same thing about Facebook!

So, who wants to build the next 'Idiot Expression Device' with me? I say we call it - "ThoughtSlate"

Ok I see what you did there. Anyone who disagrees with me is stupid. Compelling argument! Let's continue.

Facebook will be gone in two years. The end. This is a statement of fact, not opinion and you give us absolutely nothing as to why you think that is. Yeah...could use some work don't you think? It's missing oh what's the word I'm looking for? Substance. If you have something interesting to add to the discussion at hand then by all means lets hear it. If however you're just here to squabble then I'd be more than happy to continue to belittle you in PMs. This however is not the place for it.

Oh and for the record I couldn't care less what you have in between your legs. I was using guy strictly as a dismissive term. As in you are so irrelevant I won't even bother to address you by your name. I find it to be quite disrespectful and it's one of my favorites so no hard feelings there okay guy?

Cehr, Spiko, take it to PM , no one cares...

ontopic: I wonder what the new design is going to look like. I dont feel like waiting for the public release to get a quick look.

All the sites suck... they are for people with nothing better to do then gossip about people THEY DO NOT KNOW TRULY. Friends??? Yeah, right... you have 580 friends all around the globe when all you do is gossip around town. Also notice facebook addicts barely ever talk to anyone but their close friends on these sites (less than 10 people daily) and almost always add people they have never talked to more than two times. Easily 50% of the people they will never talk to after adding as friends, let alone even checking their page again. Let's be real here.....

I have an argument with some dipshit person every week about it since all the facebook HYPE happened.... the guy above is 100% right. Nobody will talk about facebook in 3 or 4 years, watch.... just watch. It's all hype and marketing dollars that made it so popular. Myspace did not use hype and TV marketing (ala JOIN OUR SHOW ON FACEBOOK AND TWITTER) <<--- real reason facebook became popular.... if myspace had spammed all the TV shows CATCH US ON MYSPACE then facebook would surely not be around and nobody would know of the lamer Mark. He is a harvard kid who copied myspace and used money to promote his dulled-down, copycat website on TV shows and the like.

Get with it people.... Facebook is just a merely hyped fad of 2010. It will go into everyones "people still use that site?" brain category (along with myspace) in 2013 :D

.........I'd rather keep it real and use email to send pics/video/links and IM to chat with my "REAL" FRIENDS that are far away. (Along with calling/texting them on the phone and/or meeting them in person if they are in the same town as I)

/rant :D :D :D

So then that's a no on having anything interesting to say? Okay then, I figured as much.

So then that's a no on having anything interesting to say? Okay then, I figured as much.

Aww! Yes, that's right. You've completely devastated me to the point I cannot literate.

If only I could have hugged you when it would have still done some good.

I can only thank you for proving my theory indubitably.

Back