N-tune settings not sticking?

MrMetal_53

[H]ard|Gawd
Exactly what the title says. I recently purchased an 8800 gts (EVGA). I uninstalled the old drivers, ran driver cleaner, installed the new drivers (97.92), and then installed n-tune. I had my card running stable at 627/900 with fan on 100% under ntune, but then I restarted and the settings went back to stock.

Is this a know bug? If so, is using Riva Tuner to overclock and adjust the fan settings recommended? I havent really used Riva Tuner for more than just temperature monitoring. Whenever I load it, it says that it wasn't tested with the drivers I am running. Does this matter?

My system:

3800 x2 @ 2.55 ghz
8800 gts
2 gig of ocz plat ram
560 watt silverstone zeus PS

BTW, I love my card :D Oblivion is like a new game

I would ditch Ntune. I've used Rivatuner and ATITools with great success, got my 8800GTS to 660/2.2. Adjust your fan to 80-85% and your temps will be very nice. Use ATITools to run the artifacts test.

Alright, I think I will. I have to say, I'm a little confused with setting the fan to 100% all the time (2D, 3D, etd). If someone could walk me through it and point out how much of a n00b I am, that would be greatly appreciated :D

How long should I run ATI tool?

Back