Name this problem....

LunchboX3904

[H]ard|Gawd
My friend has had his computer for a while now and it just started doing some weird stuff after upgrading to a WD 250GB hard drive and Leadtek 6800GT.

Specs:

Abit NF7-S nForce2
XP 2400 mobile (barton) @ 2.4ghz / 400 fsb
Corsair ValueRAM 1GB
Audigy2
Achieve 500w PSU
Leadtek 6800GT
WD 250GB (used to have ATI 9800 pro and WD 120gb)

Problems:

BF2 is really laggy in both single player and multi with graphics on high and and still looks like poop. Crashes frequently. This goes for all games as well such as CS:S/HL2. Windows takes a long time to boot. The windows loading screen takes a long time......the blue scrolly thing goes by no less than 25 times.

What we know:

Multiple re-formats so it's not old ATI drivers. We tried installing updates and without updates. We put his vid card into my computer since the cards are the exact same and it ran fine. We also tried my power supply in his comp and it still ran like crap. Tried new, old, and tweaked drivers (3d guru, omega).

Any help is appreciated. thanks.

if it was me i would take that new hard drive out and try it,if its still the same then i would put your video card in it and try.also put bios back to default and try new ram,also if you are running firewall or antivirus uninstall it and try that,just try everthing like, heat problems update bios on the mainboard,take heatsink off cpu and put new grease on,hope this helps :)

Back