Narrowed it down: NEC 2070NX or HP LP2065

DaneGuy

n00b
I've decided I'd like to get a 20" 4:3 IPS screen. I'm willing to spend up to $500 and the NEC and HP seem to fit the bill. If there are others I should consider, let me know. :D

I don't play games. The most important thing to me is text. Which one would you recommend? :confused:

Thank you everyone.

I've decided I'd like to get a 20" 4:3 IPS screen. I'm willing to spend up to $500 and the NEC and HP seem to fit the bill. If there are others I should consider, let me know. :D

I don't play games. The most important thing to me is text. Which one would you recommend? :confused:

Thank you everyone.

This has come up a couple of times. I would probably go with the HP because it rotates into portrait mode if you desire that. Also reports are the HP has a newer panel.

Thank you everyone.

There are "some" people saying HP LP2065 contains PVA panel (dpreview.com forums), I spoke with a presale agent and tech guy from HP and both said they don't have this information.... :mad:

Unfortunately with most manufacturers hiding this information getting absolute proof that it is S-IPS is difficult.

http://www.flatpanels.dk/panels.php
HP LP2065 has a 20 inch 8 ms (g2g) S-IPS (LG.Philips LM201U05) panel.

I also read a post where some took it apart and read the Philips model number, this was in North America. An eastern European site had pics of the panel model number in the disassembled monitor and it was the above LG S-IPS panel.

Plus I had a quick look at one at work and saw nothing to the contrary, but I wasn't able to examine it thoroughly as I don't know anyone with the panels that well. Most of us still have CRTs but the 2065 is our replacement when they go. (DIE CRT, DIE!!!!)

I would say odds are very good they are all S-IPS. I think we have only seen Dell so far that changes panels without changing model numbers.

See this video review, Note how stable the image is when she rotates it left and right. If anything there is a tiny darkening at extreme angles. PVA would washout getting lighter. this is not PVA. Also note that the review is somewhat clueless. It comes for 4 input cable two DVI and two VGA so you don't need to buy any cables/adaptors.

http://reviews.cnet.com/HP_LP2065/4660-3173_7-6434420.html

I am going back and forth on these two and the NEC 20MWGX2. I was looking at 22" Widescreens at first. Now I don't know what to do. I am using an NEC LCD1760NX and I have been happy with it, but want to get a bigger one for my main rig and move this one to another rig for my daughter.

Has anyone seen both the NEC and the HP that can tell us what they thought?

I am going back and forth on these two and the NEC 20MWGX2. I was looking at 22" Widescreens at first. Now I don't know what to do. I am using an NEC LCD1760NX and I have been happy with it, but want to get a bigger one for my main rig and move this one to another rig for my daughter.

I'm trying decide if I should purchase the HP LP2065 20" or Samsung 226bW 22" WS. The samsung 226bw seems more appealing because of its ultra high contrast ratio and 2ms response time but I know for a fact that the HP 2065 has an IPS panel and IPS panels are the best panels you can buy right now.

I didn't mention that my LCD1760V NEC is a TN panel which as we all know is the panel type in all 22"ers available now.

I didn't mention that my LCD1760V NEC is a TN panel which as we all know is the panel type in all 22"ers available now.

* bump *

Can anyone who recently bought HP LP2065 in North America tell us what is inside please? :D is it PVA or S-IPS? Getting straight answer from HP is very hard.....:rolleyes:

its a S-IPS, my father owns one at the office ;)

thank you,

I found very interesting post...at dpreview.com

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1004&message=21635813

One guy claims its got S-PVA and the other 2 guys that they received S-IPS panels.... :rolleyes:

The way to get to the service menu is the following according to the above post:

[cut]
1. Turn off the monitor
2. Press and hold the leftmost “menu” button and push the power button
3. Release the power button.
4. Release the menu button and then press it again
5. The OSD menu will come up and the 5th item from the top will be previously hidden "Service..."
6. Select "Service..." to see the panel info.
[/cut]

How much proof do you need? If you are talking about gellis who had the PVA, he has a Samsung 215TW, not the HP 2065.

He was just sticking up for PVA, saying his PVA doesn't shift.

So far everyone with 2065 is reporting S-IPS, zero reports of PVA that I have seen.

Get the HP.

How much proof do you need? If you are talking about gellis who had the PVA, he has a Samsung 215TW, not the HP 2065.

He was just sticking up for PVA, saying his PVA doesn't shift.

So far everyone with 2065 is reporting S-IPS, zero reports of PVA that I have seen.

Get the HP.

Heheheh..... Sorry for being pain in the butt...eheh. After getting too much crap from both LG and HP I'm being a little paranoid....

Thanks Snowdog....I'll try to order this weekend....

Back