NEC 20WMGX2 a good choice with Xbox360?

Im sick of waiting both for a decent monitor release, and the money saved up to get a new LCD AND an Xbox360

I have 1000 put aside now, and i could wait to save up another 1000 or so and pick up the 37" westinghouse and the xbox 360 or just get the 20" NEC and xbox360 now.

I just really want to play madden, and upcoming nhl, and tigerwoods in next-gen glory.

Anyone out there using the NEC with the Xbox an can recommend it?

I planned on picking up a 2nd in the future for dual monitor goodness if it is good.

If someone talks me out if it, ill just suck it up and wait a little longer and get the westinghouse. ugh

I have used the monitor with the XBOX 360 (and I still have it hooked up to it) with the component cables and to me, it looks awesome. I also pre-ordered NHL 07 and I cannot wait for it to come!

this monitor is great for everything. I love it, except it has a dead pixel (but i have 3 coming tomorrow! one of them better be perfect!)

Wait till you browse these forums with this monitor.

Wow, just wow.

damnit. im so torn. the size and the price just gets me. I have a 21" crt now and i wanted to go BIGGER. preferrably 24" but i was resorting to 37" westy with al the hookups. Didnt want to just drop all that cash into one thing tho... and i wanted to use a bunch of cash towards a couple things.

I am now playing with one of these too. It's good and if you have an nVidia card run the calibration wizard from the driver CP.

so you can CONFIRM that xbox360 looks good on these monitors?

Can you post any pics, link to any gameplay images of using the 360 on this lcd?

much appreciated!

I am also asking exactly the same question, will the 360 look good on this monitor. screenies would be welcome

If it has component input then it should look great colour wise but if its VGA then there may be some washed out colours and some jaggies.

it has component AND vga.. i was under the impression though that if you hooked it up via VGA the image quality is better than component. I would HAVE to hook it up via VGA as i would be hooking up a Comcast DVR box to it via component.

Image quality aside, the colour saturation will be much better via component compared to VGA.

I'm running through VGA on my 2007wfp atm and compared to shots of the 2407wfp running a 360 via component, there is a world of difference in colour.

These monitors have a high resolution, much higher than the XBOX can utilize.

If I were getting it for XBOX 360 alone, then I would go with the largest display. the NEC 20WMGX2 is a great monitor (I have one), but the quality and res is over kill. Get the Westinghouse and enjoy the 37inch bliss.

thenixhex311 said:
thats a 2405, not the 07 with banding issues and CRAPPY component quality

My mistake then.

Has the 2407s component quality really gone downhill that badly since the 2405?

Thats what i've heard. It was the best cost effective 24" that was coming out, until they actually released it and nothing but problems.

Im one of the many people out there who wants to find a 'perfect' 24" LCD that can serve multipurpose as an HDTV, pc LCD, and a 360 monitor with perfect scaling.

this nec 20" is the right price-range, multipurpose, and it seems the right way to go, just tyring to get some final verdicts.

Liver said:
These monitors have a high resolution, much higher than the XBOX can utilize.

If I were getting it for XBOX 360 alone, then I would go with the largest display. the NEC 20WMGX2 is a great monitor (I have one), but the quality and res is over kill. Get the Westinghouse and enjoy the 37inch bliss.
The 37 inch Westinghouse is 1080p (1920x1080p) versus the NEC 20WMGX2 that has a native resolution of 1680x1050.

All depends how you want to hook the console up. I didnt want to mess with the Monitors settings, so I have it hooked up through the VGA cable, running at 1360X768. It looks awesome. Its really useful being able to switch between my computer and my Xbox 360 at the push of a button.

ohgod said:
All depends how you want to hook the console up. I didnt want to mess with the Monitors settings, so I have it hooked up through the VGA cable, running at 1360X768. It looks awesome. Its really useful being able to switch between my computer and my Xbox 360 at the push of a button.

can you post some pics of the NEC with the xbox 360 hooked up?

I'd order this monitor tomorrow if i had some reassurance!

ohgod said:

There's two annoying problems though. If you notice while playing, there is vertical banding. Also, the Xbox 360 image is being stretched. It's ouputting in full screen a 16:9 image. That means there is some anamorphic distortion since the NEC 20wmgx2 is a 16:10. The Xbox 360 does not support a 16:10 resolution at this time. NEC did kind of skimp on the VGA and other connections. Yea, it has all the connections, but the only one that works flawlessly is the DVI which looks awesome. VGA would look awesome too if it weren't for the horizontal banding and no support for aspect scaling.

Xbox 360 via component is blurry at 720p or 1080i. I would not recommend buying this monitor if you're expecting a near flawless Xbox 360 experience. The Dell 2007 monitor might be better if that's what you're looking for.

DAMNIT!

I read that the nec would look great with the xbox 360!

I'd love to get the 2007fpw, because its cheap (i could get 2 for a little more than 1 20wmgx2)...only problem is that it doesnt have all the hookups i wanted (i wanted to hook up a dvr box to it too.

looks like i'll have ot wait this out some more!
ugh

Back