NEC "24WMGX2" - Any News?

will it have any improved/extra features from the 20" version, i.e. contrast ratio,100/120Hz refresh, LED backlighting, gamut, response time etc... I hope this is the display that will replace my FW900, its a long way off though.

will it have an AS-IPS panel (or whatever you NEC guys call it)?

Right now , no one knows for sure thats what we are all waiting to hear. Personally i dont think so. I think producing that panel in large scale will end up sky rocketing the price , more so at that size. NEC has to compete with Gateway,Dell,Ben Q , so i see them going for a less expensive panel to cut costs.

will it have any improved/extra features from the 20" version, i.e. contrast ratio,100/120Hz refresh, LED backlighting, gamut, response time etc... I hope this is the display that will replace my FW900, its a long way off though.

For those sort of features you want to look at the NEC 90 Series products. those features are not realistic retail product features. Obviously contrast and response time will be better.

Hi Travbomb,

I´m sad to hear, that there will be no S-IPS in the 24"-version of the WMGX². I really thought about buying this TFT (in Germany), but if it will include "only" a S-PVA I will go for Eizo.

Greetings

Mario

Hi Travbomb,

I´m sad to hear, that there will be no S-IPS in the 24"-version of the WMGX². I really thought about buying this TFT (in Germany), but if it will include "only" a S-PVA I will go for Eizo.

Greetings

Mario

Mario,

I am sad to hear it myself too. Its to bad retailers arent willing to shelve premium products anymore. ALl they want is low cost and something with S-IPS is always going to be more expensive.

Travbomb, I do not want to hijack the thread here, but wanted to ask a quick question. I see your posts at dpreview and here and gather you either work for or know someone who works for NEC. I was looking at the NEC MultiSync LCD2070WNX-BK, but it appears to be a TN panel. Is this true? If so I guess I need to keep looking.

Lon

Travbomb, I do not want to hijack the thread here, but wanted to ask a quick question. I see your posts at dpreview and here and gather you either work for or know someone who works for NEC. I was looking at the NEC MultiSync LCD2070WNX-BK, but it appears to be a TN panel. Is this true? If so I guess I need to keep looking.

Lon

I did a bit of research, and the NEC MultiSync LCD2070WNX-BK is indeed a TN panel.

As for the 24WMGX2, it is extremely sad to hear that it will be S-PVA. :(

Hi Travbomb,

Greetings

Mario

Eizo is S-PVA also.
I looked at the Eizo's on this site and didn't like any of them under the "Angles de vision" comparison (use the drop down menu between monitors to find it).

http://www.lesnumeriques.com/duels.php?ty=6&ma1=52&mo1=149&p1=1606&ma2=119&mo2=75&p2=804&ph=6

I did a bit of research, and the NEC MultiSync LCD2070WNX-BK is indeed a TN panel.

As for the 24WMGX2, it is extremely sad to hear that it will be S-PVA. :(

S-PVA is not the end of the world,nor does it make the screen a bad buy.Asics,and the backlight used,as well as quality control during manufacturing can make it a excellent screen in the end,as well as many other things.

My A04 kicks ass bigtime,and if I didnt know any better,I would think it is using a S-IPS.Extremely little back light bleed,0 dead or stuck pixels,excellent uniformity overall,just wonderful viewing angles,better then my A03 2005 FPW that I bought from a fellow Hard forums member;(1 stuck [pixel on blue]) a little bleed at the extreme right top.The PIP and PBP works very well,and hooks up to my upscaling dvd player and plays my anime dvd's prefectly,as well as regular dvd movies.

If I was a Registered Nurse,instead of a 2nd year Reg Nursing student,studying to become one,I would splash out on the 2690uxi and be in LCD heaven,but,I am very happy with my current purchase :) Maybe in a few years from graduation,I will grab
whatever the successor to the 2690 is,and besides,by then it will likely be cheaper and even better. :cool:

Sorry to bump an old topic but I'm very interested in purchasing the NEC 24wmgx2 and wanted to know if it's still on schedule to come out in August /September.

Well since the thread is back I might as well ask - any chance for 120Hz in this monitor?

And I'm guessing it'll have HDMI...right? :p

Late August/early September would be absolutely perfect if this is still on schedule :D

entropy0 said:
I also noticed NEC now has the LCD2470WNX which is a 24" S-PVA just like Travbomb said the 24WMXG2 was going to be - I think you may be right, Toasty. BTW, I also noticed that the LCD2490WUXi you said you just bought uses an H-IPS panel (http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/search.php?query=lcd24&select=model), didn't you say you thought these were blurry in the Planar thread?
Don't worry about the sharpness. I just thought it was less sharp than other types of panels, but then I tried an EIZO monitor with a newer S-PVA panel, and that was far worse. I'm not bothered by the 24" at all, and the 26" isn't much different, so maybe it's the pixel pitch.

Back