NEC 24WMGX3

Wow, it's pretty! Too bad the review sucks (like all BT monitor reviews), so we still don't know how the monitor performs. There's a thread over at OCUK, haven't read it yet, but some people seem to have received the monitor: http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17917890

620 GBP is also a fairly decent price. People in USA will probably be able to get this for $800-900.

That's a lame review. Not a single mention of the NEC 20WMGX2 which is the monitor which the new 24WMGX3 has to live up to. Clearly it does not.

620 GBP is also a fairly decent price. People in USA will probably be able to get this for $800-900.

Uhh no, bump that up a bit more.

The LCD2690WUXi (not the SV version) sells for an average of $1,150 in the US and the cheapest price I saw in the UK after a quick search is £718. That roughly equates to the current exchange of 1.618.

Therefore, if the price is £620, then I would expect it to be sold for $1,000 in the US, if not slightly more.

It is too expensive for a PVA monitor.
I will stick with my current monitor.

I agree it is expensive for an *VA monitor.
But I think it will go cheaper after a few months.

Btw, it is sRGB standard, or wide-gamut monitor? Thanks

$1000 for a 24" non-TN monitor would be cheap in my country ;) Sadly, if the NEC ever gets here, I'd expect something like $1500-$1700.

Actually this sounds like a very shifty VA monitor, read the section on viewing angles in the first post link, they said it was more like TN for viewing angles.

Actually this sounds like a very shifty VA monitor, read the section on viewing angles in the first post link, they said it was more like TN for viewing angles.

Is AMVA like SPVA i.e. if you are sitting still in front of the monitor does the colour shift make the display appear darker or brighter at the edges? or higher gamma on one side?

Btw, it is sRGB standard, or wide-gamut monitor? Thanks

Can't see any reference to gamut in any of the specs or advertising literature, so maybe it's safe to assume it is standard gamut (because marketing tends to assume bigger numbers are better & will hide the specs thats they think consumers will perceive as inferior.)

Email NEC-Display in the UK if you want an answer for sure, they are usually pretty quick to reply.

Don't think it matters that much, surely the price is way too high - can get the LP2475w for <£350 or the Apple LED Cinema for the same price as this NEC

Is AMVA like SPVA i.e. if you are sitting still in front of the monitor does the colour shift make the display appear darker or brighter at the edges? or higher gamma on one side?

Yes, same colorshift.
Unfortunately MVA tends to have worse black/CR values than PVA.

Can't see any reference to gamut in any of the specs or advertising literature, so maybe it's safe to assume it is standard gamut (because marketing tends to assume bigger numbers are better & will hide the specs thats they think consumers will perceive as inferior.)
I share your observation. Hopefully it's not WG.

Don't think it matters that much
It matters a lot. With WG it could be rated below the Dell 2408 due to it's price. But "no WG issue" on the background of it's outstanding equipment pushes it up to the very tiny group of the best non-IPS monitors.

That's a lame review. Not a single mention of the NEC 20WMGX2 which is the monitor which the new 24WMGX3 has to live up to. Clearly it does not.

I agree, as an owner of the 20WMGX2, I feel that the X3 falls short. First no S-IPS screen, sure its got inputs and outputs, but I'd rather lose have the inputs (SPDIF output? you serious COMEON!) the higher resolution is nice, but I wish they had put it in a 23" Screen for a tighter pixel, plus, the X2 has a smaller stand, that thing is borderline rediculous.

..So, who has this monitor yet?
The tftcentral.co.uk site says that the panel coating is somewhat between glossy and matte.
Would really love some first hand experience on this monitor..
Thanks

The tftcentral.co.uk site says that the panel coating is somewhat between glossy and matte.

That is what I have been waiting for. A finnish that is like CRT. Which basically means gloosy but just a little reflections.

Everything I read about this panel leads me to believe it's this, or some possibly newer version:

http://lcdtech.no-ip.info/en/data/monitor.lcd.panels.htm?pan=M240UW01 V2

Other than the brightness rating, this sounds like an FP241VW. A-MVA with BFI, standard gamut (thank you), low input lag, and fairly average to sub-par black levels. That coupled with a panel that is somewhere between matte and glossy. Probably very non-sparkly/clean anti-glare. Sounds familiar.

Nothing wrong with that panel being an A-MVA. It is still superior to TNs, but that's a bit pricey IMHO for an A-MVA. Change that panel to the 24" in the LCD2490 and I would buy two.

Back