NEC 2690 - Panel loose at the top two corners?

ReelMcCoy

Limp Gawd
Just cleaned the panel for the first time since buying this monitor (love this puppy!) and noticed i can push in the top two corners a small bit. I'm not sure if it's the actual panel itself or something in front of it. It just spooked me a bit and had me looking for panel quirks in the area.

Anybody else notice this type of thing?

Very strange, I hadn't touched the panel on my 2690, but I notice the same thing now. Both top corners push in a tiny bit, and also the entire top edge does the same thing. Both sides will push in starting from about 2 or 3 inches below the top. Like you I really love this monitor, even though it has one dead pixel that I'm trying to forget about (only shows on light backgrounds). If I can return it to NEC because of the loose panel I probably will. I hear they have quick turn around.

Thanks for the info. I haven't tried to contact NEC over this mostly because the monitor works perfectly otherwise (outside of a dead sub pixel). But at least now I know I'm not alone and this may be a manufacturing thing.

Ah... Technology...

They do it on purpose, because the panel will expand and tighten up when it's warmed up fully.

I did return it to NEC using the loose panel as an excuse, but my original LCD2690 had something like 8 stuck pixels and 1.5 dead subpixels. One was dead near the left upper quadrant, and a "half" was dead in the upper right.

My current one is perfect, but the panel still has some play in it, which when fully warmed up (half hour of use) goes away.

NEC has excellent service, or at least it did for me up in Canada, so I'm assuming they are good in other countries too.

Well, my 2690 does run a little warm, so it makes sense that there would be a bit of room for expansion. I just checked my panel and it has the same amount of looseness fully warmed up. Thanks for your imput 10e.

Makes sense. I do feel the heat off this thing. And as long as everything pixel wise is ok up in those two areas, no worries. Thanks for the responses.

Back