NEC 3090wqxi dead pixels

Tandens

n00b
Hi,

After going out and taking the plunge, I bought the NEC multisync LCD3090WQXi.

Just set it up today and low and behold, 2 dead pixels. Not that noticeable considering the amount of pixels on the display, but after spending so much money, it was quite disappointing! Especially for a monitor of this grade.

I was just wondering if anyone else who owns or uses a 3090wqxi has dead pixels on their monitor? Looking forward/curious of the replies/ratios of dead pixels to none.

Thanks!!

Sorry, not exactly the answer you're looking for but just to establish - they are dead as in black and not R, G or B as in stuck ?
There are ways of reviving stuck pixels, although they seem to fail in most of the cases.

Sorry for not expanding on my question. They're stuck [red]. Anyone have any stuck or dead pixels?

As a side note, would a stuck and dead pixel all be classified as a dead pixel? Or are stuck pixels "not allowed" to be referred to as dead pixels?

Does NEC have a return policy on "stuck pixels"?

Thanks again for the replies!

Thanks for the reply. I actually already tried to "unstuck" the dead pixels, to no avail. Hoping prehaps it eventually goes away, or try it again later...

Just back to the original topic though, do any 3090 owners out there have dead or stuck pixels?

They're just different things Tandens. Dead pixels are considered worse than stuck pixels.

You can try using that over the stuck pixels: http://www.jscreenfix.com/basic.php

There's also pressure techniques.

Last edited:
Three out of the six LCD3090WQXi monitors that I've had suffered from bad pixels. The problem was very noticeable only on one of them - it had two adjacent bad pixels which showed as a very noticeable red dot on white at the top middle. I exchanged that one.

Don't waste your time to find a way to get rid of the dead/stuck pixels, just exchange it.

To me "stuck" pixels (some colors are worse than others) are worse than dead pixels, as it has some brightness. Also, I'm not aware of any monitors that have a "no" dead dead or stuck pixel warranty, nor do they claim to have such a policy (written or not). With high end monitors they just try to limit the number of bad pixels to 1 or 2, ensure it/they are not in the center of the screen (viewing area), and that they, as I mentioned above, are not of the "stuck-on" type. If you can't see the pixels during normal use, I suggest you perhaps think about whether you can live w/ it. It's not a perfect world. If you notice them every day during normal use and they are "right in your face" I certainly could see your point.

Back