NEC2690 Standard or SV Version????

Torrent

n00b
After much review of the threads on Hardforum I think I am going to go with the NEC2690, my question is should I spring for the SV over the standard model. The only difference I can find is the max h sync rate of 91.1 vs 119.2. I have also heard that the SV version also used a polorizing screen but do not know if this applies to the standard. Question is does the SV justifiy the difference in price and what truly are the differences. Thanks;)

SV version is the Software version. If you are going to spend the dough for that monitor it would be silly to skimp on the software.

They have the same hardware. In USA they only differ with the SV version included calibrator and calibration software.
In EU and Australia (and maybe somewhere else) NEC MultiSync LCD2690WUXi can not be hardware calibrated with EU software - SpectraView Profiler (maybe it can be with US SpectraView II, but it is not confirmed, seems no one have tried it jet).
I suppose you are from USA, so go for SV version, if you don't have a calibrator.

I have a spyder2 pro and i would still buy the SV version. the $ savings isn't enough not to get the SV imo

SV=Software Version? How does this work, do you load a program into the computer that writes to something in the monitor? And is the calibrator some type of electronic device that checks color? (Pardon my ignorance!:eek:)

SV = SpectraView . it's NEC's colorimeter software. google search colorimeter and you'll see all these devices like "spyder", "eye one", "pantone" etc... they are hardware devices you use to calibrate the display. anyway, spectraview is just the calibration software for NEC's built-in colorimeter

i think.. someone correct me if i'm wrong..

This thread is kinda confusing, allow me to summarize clearly.

The SV version includes both a hardware Colorimeter (a rebadged i1 display2) and the Spectraview software. The colorimeter attaches to your computer via USB and is dangled in front of your monitor, allowing it to "read" your screen. The software will perform a series of tests and analyze the results it receives from the colorimeter. It will use this data to send commands to your monitor that will configure it internally.

Yea sorry to confuse. I am a dope. SV does not mean software version.

Back