Necklace PC Concept

this sounds and looks very gimmicky ,

measures heartrate to capture those moments in life that raise your heartbeat.

what about when your on the crapper trying to squeeze one out, man i wish i had that moment saved!!

In other news, the G-String PC is also coming soon.. farting controls the power switch

:p

I was going to make fun of how this would look with the bolo-tie microphone from last week, but the specs are kind of neat. 200 GB of solid-state memory, personalized OLED screen, and desktop projector.

It certainly looks no stupider than the cybermen earpieces people walk around with nowadays.

Can it run Doom?

... if the answer is NO, the next question is... Will it Blend?

On a more serious note, this concept assumes too many things:

1. You're a woman.
2. You live in a country where there's always really hot so that you dont have to wear upper body clothes.
3. You don't have anything else around your neck like a necklace or a crucifix.
4. You like touching your neck.

All fine and dandy until it gets a mind of it's own and strangles the user.

this could be fun... TWO words... INVISIBLE FENCE

oh the possibilities are endless :) .. let the mischief begin :D

This is retarded.

It wouldn't look fashionable, would be amazingly expensive, very weak, plain uncomfortable and just wrong.

It's basically a house-arrest anklet with perks.

This is retarded.

It wouldn't look fashionable, would be amazingly expensive, very weak, plain uncomfortable and just wrong.

It's basically a house-arrest anklet with perks.

Keep in mind this is an entry in a contest for next gen computers not a product that is sitting on store shelfs right now. If you went back in time and shown people 20 - 30 years ago a blue tooth cell phone head set they would have probably thought the same thing. Now adays you see something with one and don't even take a second look. 10 years from now when something like this could be made at a reasonable cost for the average person to buy one something like that may not bee too out of fashion or the norm.

As for why it is a necklace. Where else could you put something like this on your body and have it work correctly? Watch/wrist band is out as it wouldn't work to record images or to work as a projector that you could use. Glasses would be too large, very obvious, would move too much with your head which makes it hard to look at the corners of a screen as when you move your head to look at the image your image will move. Same goes for a hat. A belt would be too low. Thus a necklace really probably the only logical choice for such technology.

I myself don't like all the features, but I think a the technology behind it would be need in a slightly modified form. Looking at all the other entries in the contest this is one of the few that I think would be reasonable. The cups, not so much.

Keep in mind this is an entry in a contest for next gen computers not a product that is sitting on store shelfs right now. If you went back in time and shown people 20 - 30 years ago a blue tooth cell phone head set they would have probably thought the same thing. Now adays you see something with one and don't even take a second look. 10 years from now when something like this could be made at a reasonable cost for the average person to buy one something like that may not bee too out of fashion or the norm.

As for why it is a necklace. Where else could you put something like this on your body and have it work correctly? Watch/wrist band is out as it wouldn't work to record images or to work as a projector that you could use. Glasses would be too large, very obvious, would move too much with your head which makes it hard to look at the corners of a screen as when you move your head to look at the image your image will move. Same goes for a hat. A belt would be too low. Thus a necklace really probably the only logical choice for such technology.

I myself don't like all the features, but I think a the technology behind it would be need in a slightly modified form. Looking at all the other entries in the contest this is one of the few that I think would be reasonable. The cups, not so much.

True, But it would have to be miniaturized considerable..

OR, Shrunk down to fit inside that Bluetooth Headset with the rest of the cell phone in there as well.

Back