Need a Case that is great with Dust

Cali3350

Supreme [H]ardness
I am building a computer for a lab at my university. Its in the basement, lots of old rugs, dusty books, old equipment... there is gonna be a lot of dust. I need a case that literally has practically every hole covered with a dust protector. I was looking at the Corsair 550D but wasnt sure how good it was. Cleaning the room isnt really practical for reasons I wont fully get in to, but trust me, its dusty, it will stay dusty.

The PC is also powerful, Ivy Bridge overclocked to 4.5 and a Tesla GPU, so it needs to be a case that works well and is just diametrically opposed to dust. Any ideas?

Thanks a lot guys, sorry to ask.

How about a Cooler Master 690 II Advanced case?

The front panel is all dust filtered as well as the top and PSU.

The USB 3.0 version just became available but not at too many places in North America.

The Nvidia Edition 2 free fans combo deal and White/Black Edition both currently with free shipping:

http://www.cmstore-usa.com/nvidia-692a-combo/

http://www.cmstore-usa.com/cm-690-ii-advanced-black-white-edition-usb-3-0-version/

There is an all black version as well but at this time mostly in the USB 2.0 version.

Can't you just add dust filters to any given case if they do not already come with them? I have a Haf 912 and it comes with 2 dust filters. Not easily accessable but they are there. For the front and the PSU. I was thinking of trying to make one for my top and my back slots but wasn't sure what I could use for a filter that wouldn't look ghetto and would possibly blend in.

I own a Silverstone Fortress 2 case with a side window. I can see my gear every day, and it is immaculate! Because of the three intake fans, dust isn't naturally sucked into the case like most cases that focus on exhaust. The three fans are on the bottom, and blow the air up to the top past the inverted motherboard.

There are only a few considerations:

1. You need to clean the filters at least twice a year. This is done by popping the side panel off (thumbscews) and removing the filters from the bottom.

2. The connectivity cables come out the top and have to bend down, so there isn't room for adapters. If you are using VGA, make sure your motherboard has VGA, and you aren't trying to turn DVI into VGA.

3. You may need some extension cables for your PSU, since some of the components can be hard to reach since the case is big. Extension cables are easy to obtain.

This case has fantastic cooling potential. Tesla is a workstation card right? It will be right at home in this case. Your HDDs will be cool, your RAM and CPU will be cool, everything gets airflow. You can get the case in black and silver, with or without a window. It is also very quiet.

Back