Need a certain kind of blank dvd

honkee

2[H]4U
i need blank dvds wuth regular bottoms.
Every blank that i have been buying has been purple on the bottom, if anybody can point me to the direction of blank dvds, that have bottoms that look like the color of cds or regular dvds i would appreciate it
:)

honkee said:
i need blank dvds wuth regular bottoms.
Every blank that i have been buying has been purple on the bottom, if anybody can point me to the direction of blank dvds, that have bottoms that look like the color of cds or regular dvds i would appreciate it
:)

They are completely different technologies man. Unless you have a CD/DVD press you are SOL.

Why do you need to match the color anyway? Selling illegal copies of software are we?

the colors you are seeing are the photoreactive dye. This is what the laser burns the data into. You will not be able to find one that looks like regular pressed dvd's because those have no dye. They have the data pressed into the plastic of the dvd, and then a layer of aluminum goes over the top (producing the silver color on the bottom.)

You can find some that are close. Kind of a pale gold color, but that is about as close as you are going to get. Buy dvds for quality, not looks. You'll be better off.

The closest you will probably get is with DVD-RW/DVD+RW media, which is a grayish color on the data side.

The blue dyes used in regular DVD-Rs are typically cyanine or azo based, which are blue or purple and I think it's necessary since that kind of dye is needed to react with the DVD burner's laser. I don't think any DVD-Rs are made with phthalocyanine dyes, which can be silver in color.

Now if you talk about CD-R, well, you can find near-silver data sides for a dime a dozen (not literally), but they still won't look like commercially pressed disc, if that's your true goal...

Back