need a core 2 duo mobo for overclocking help!

I want to buy a core 2 duo E6400 and try to overclock it to 2.8 ghz at least.

i need a very nice mobo, but i dont want spent a lot of money, can you help me with this, and what memory i must get?

thanks

edit: i just investigated a little, and i want your opinion of this configuration.

Procesor: Intel Core 2 Duo E6400
Mobo: ASUS P5B-E Socket T (LGA 775) Intel P965 Express ATX Intel Motherboard
Memory: Patriot eXtreme Performance 1GB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)

Do you think this is a nice configuration for overclocking? i accept opinions about board and memory

I think you'll be fine with that setup. You can probably get away with less expensive memory if you want.

the E is a good board, but be careful, you can't go over 2.1v for your DIMMS. I would go for a normal p5b deluxe

your setup looks good to me.

i like the asus MB's

but you could save a few $$$ by getting a biostar t-force 965t or a gigabyte s-3 965p.

i think asus has a new revision of their 965 mb comming out that will support more v-dim so if your looking for an asus i would make sure i got the newer one if overclocking is the main deal .

the junk-byte 965p-s-3 is $116 and overclocks like a fiend IF you know it's tricks . mine is kicking around 480fsb and could go higher if the ram had more in it-- any decent 965p mb with the right OC features should be able to do the job as long as the ram /cpu and other stuff are up to it.

ve_blackjack said:
i think i can get more 3 ghz of overcloking getting the memory below 2.1 v, right?

thanks

I don't quite get the grammer of the question.

If you're asking if you can overclock higher then 3GHz on a 2.1 vDIMM, then it depends on the memory ratios. I doubt you'll get there 1:1 but 4:5 or something should work. I believe most of the Asus MB's allow for you to run the RAM fairly independent of the FSB... basically choosing the correct memory dividers for you.

Hi
i have a 6400 running at 425 x 8
MSI 975x Power up edtion
good stable motherboard
They have just issued new Bios which works well
have water cooling on CPU, north & south bridge

Back