Need a Decent Headset with Mic

Marcdaddy

2[H]4U
Hi guys believe it or not ive been gaming online forever ( 40 years old ) and I only play with my Brothers and friends and we actually just call each other on our cell phones and use a Bluetooth headset. Well im finally going to buy a PC headset with a mic, Any suggestions? Im looking to spend between $50 and $125 max, of course wireless preferred. Thanks guys.

I'm also interested in suggestions for this....

3.5mm is preferred for me.

Thanks!

Ive been doing a lot of looking on GOOGLE and AMAZON, I just wont usually buy anything without Input from the guys here at HardOcp.

The Logitech G230/430's are on sale as well and come in both 3.5mm and USB (extra $20). The sound is damn good. Not an audio nerd so its fantastic to my ears. Mic is good, except for the fact you have to immediately go into your mic settings via Windows and add a +10db gain on it. Maybe all mics are like this, but it seems kind of odd the default setting was practically unusable without gain. Once done everyone says it comes in very nice and clear.

I've got a Sennheiser headset that I have been using for probably 10 years now.
they are the on-ear style that came with a USB audio dongle, so you can use it with just the 3.5mm jacks or USB.
I have no experience with wireless headsets on the PC.

I have heard good things about the Logitech G930 wireless headset and they are $100 at Amazon,
http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Wire...1?ie=UTF8&qid=1425128939&sr=8-1&keywords=g930

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Thanks and the Winner is... Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930! Price was right and I forgot I had a $50 Amazon credit, I cant wait to get it! Thanks Guys!

I've had a g930 headset for 2+ years. This month I retired them to my children. The sound is ok at best. You'll need to use Logitech's software to get the most out of them.... and here in lies their issue. The software works well if you use the cd. If you lose the disc and download new one online. When the software turns on and you plug in your 930's the headset will blink and it takes a few mins to connect. After time it won't connect at all. To remedy this uninstall the software, then remove all instances of the headset in device manager. Then reboot, reinstall and enjoy. Another issue I had was when I plugged the usb into a usb 3 port. Long story short use usb 2.0 with them. I upgraded to a standalone mic and audiotechnia mx40's. They are pretty amazing compared to the Logitech cans.

Which standalone mic did you go with, Weave? Already have pretty good audio, so I was considering an external mic instead of headset

Back