Need a new brawler: Bayonetta or Darksiders?

inotocracy

Supreme [H]ardness
They both look pretty similar, and are ranked similarly, but would like some personal opinions from the [H]. So.. whats the scoop? I'm a huge fan of God of War, so just need something to hold me off until March'sh.

while they're both action games, they both are very different gameplay:

bayonetta = dmc
darksiders = gow (minus QTEs) + zelda-like temple puzzles

with that said, i'm personally fond of any game that incorporates zelda-like puzzles decently, so my choice is darksiders.

Playing bayonetta feels like watching a piece of art in action I really like the graphics and the soundtrack is pretty good too. Also I liked but did not love god of war and devil may cry, but I love bayonetta.

Bayonetta follows the same gameplay structure as Devil May Cry, but the combat is insane. There are literally dozens of moves you can pull off with each weapon.

Darksiders, as already mentioned above, is pretty much a "dark" Zelda. Combat isn't the focus, but there's a semi-open world and lots of puzzles.

If you are a huge fan of GoW then go with Darksiders IMO...but get the PS3 version if you can as the 360 version apparently suffers from tearing.

i have both and bayonetta seems more enjoyable

Ditto. I've found myself gravitating toward Bayonetta more than Darksiders. Storywise, Darksiders takes itself a little too seriously. I like friggin' ridiculousness of Bayonetta.

Tough choice.. Bayonetta on the PS3 seems to suffer from slower framerate, fuzzy textures and long/often load times. I don't have a 360, so its not an option. Every review I've read/watched so far has complained about the same things (bad port to PS3). Anyone here have Bayonetta for the PS3 and have similar complaints? I'm leaning towards Darksiders because of that. Plus, I like Zelda too :)

Bayonetta plays like a weird over the top DMC, but the PS3 port is gimped.
There is a demo on PSN.

Darksiders gameplay looks more appealing to me, but there is no demo. However with this game, the PS3 version is the one to get. The reviews say the X360 has tearing and performance issues.

Tough choice.. Bayonetta on the PS3 seems to suffer from slower framerate, fuzzy textures and long/often load times. I don't have a 360, so its not an option. Every review I've read/watched so far has complained about the same things (bad port to PS3). Anyone here have Bayonetta for the PS3 and have similar complaints? I'm leaning towards Darksiders because of that. Plus, I like Zelda too :)

Simple :)

Darksiders.

You like GoW
You like Zelda
You only have a PS3
Bayonetta for PS3 has problems

This is an obvious choice. Get Darksiders and wait for Bayonetta to be patched. :)

Tried the demo yesterday, and Bayonetta felt like it was DMC, and I was never a fan. Way too hectic. Picked up Darksiders and I'm enjoying it so far, seems well balanced. Thanks fellas.

Bayonetta looks a lot like Bullet Witch and that makes me not even wanna play the demo much less buy it lol :D

Go with Darksiders. It's an excellent story driven game with lots of puzzles and combat thats easy enough that it won't keep you stuck on a chapter for very long. It's a decent sized game with lots of puzzles. Aside from the tearing on the 360 (which really isn't that bad -- as in easily overlooked), my only complaint is the invisible walls. When you try to go somewhere you're not supposed to there is always a wall blocking you instead of a visible obstacle. Not a big deal as it makes exploring areas easier! :)

Other than that, Darksiders is an excellent game.

Go with Darksiders. It's an excellent story driven game with lots of puzzles and combat thats easy enough that it won't keep you stuck on a chapter for very long. It's a decent sized game with lots of puzzles. Aside from the tearing on the 360 (which really isn't that bad -- as in easily overlooked), my only complaint is the invisible walls. When you try to go somewhere you're not supposed to there is always a wall blocking you instead of a visible obstacle. Not a big deal as it makes exploring areas easier! :)

Other than that, Darksiders is an excellent game.

Invisible walls? Anytime I come across an area I can't go, its clearly blocked by something (ie: red looking ice). I played the game for a solid 5 hours last night, and I'm thoroughly impressed. Very enjoyable game!

Back